Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Long day of fun, travel, shopping, visiting and just a plan nice get away.

Herbalist picked me up a little before 8, she drives faster than me, I drive at the optimum speed for our truck, haven't driven the jeep so just for the truck.  She drives faster so we were about on time.  We went to Thompson but since we were a little early for the Amish store, the second hand we were going to stop at is closed on Mondays,  I took her to see the falls at Island Park.  She hadn't been then and was totally surprised at it.  We walked across the first bridge, it had be updated since my last visit.  As kids we actually went there alot, it wasn't a park back then and you could sort of go anywhere you wanted.  We picnicked many a time there.  The second bridge was blocked off so we never went near it, it had great gaping holes in it and it was a long fall to the very deep water below.  I took Herbalist to the overlook above the dam and the fish ladder.  She was in awe of it.  She had no idea it was all there, she took out her camera and took a bunch of shots.  We walked back down and went across so I could show her the old bridge, and to my utter amazement it had been redone too, I had been there a few years back and it had still be there, but it was newly redone and wonderful.  We walked across it and for the first time I got to look back at the island and into the deep water.  It is truly a beautiful walk and a beautiful place to explore.  Lady and I had gone there a number of years back she will have to go see it again, I think she would be as enchanted as I was at the new bridge.

Herbalist and I went to the Amish store and found wonderful treats we didn't expect to find.  Then we were off to Mission and the other Amish store and to stop by Twins.  We passed by the Bison range but I showed Herbalist where it was.  We pulled into Mission, I showed her where the old Mission was encase she wants to take the Professor there. I told her maybe we could all go together to see it and the the Bison range sometime.  We at lunch at the Old Timer Cafe, she loved the little wooden car out front she had to take photos.  I need to tell Son about it, he is making a fleet of vehicles in his yard for the kids and would love it.  We drove past Twins house but she wasn't home. We went on to the Amish store.  It has really expanded since I was there last summer.  We got lots of wonderful things and were checking out when Twin and her brother walked in.  That was a good twist of fate.  We went over to her house, and got to look at all of her wonderful, strawberry beds, mushroom in logs, in strata, in jars.  I was so jealous can't wait to try myself.  I told her I was going to try to get an inoculated log from the woods and see how it would do.  I really can't wait to get my own mushroom garden growing.  She didn't have in orchids in bloom, she grows beautiful ones.  She had a huge amaryllis growing though.  We checked out her indoor and her outdoor green house.  Herbalist love the cattle panel plant hanger she had hanging in the middle of her outdoor green house. ( I think Poppie may be in trouble Herbalist will want him to help her make one for her.  I know Poppie is in trouble with all I will want him to do.  Poppie must have gotten insight into his future pain as he is too sore to get out of bed this morning, so it going to take it easy today. ) We had tea and then we had to go, we were running behind to pick up the dog at the vets.  We didn't get a chance to go look at a goat for Mokie so will probably have to go again later in the week for that.  We arrived home around 5:30ish.   Unloaded our spoils, went to see babies in our goat pen and then Mokie took the Herbalist to see hers and showed her Son's vehicle that he has made.

We had a nice day away, I have kids for the next two days as Mokie has to work so will be in need of a new outing by the end of the week....... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....