Thursday, March 15, 2012

I am so blessed to have true friendships in my life. I love that I can share my life with them.

I wouldn't say that I am a overly friendly sort of person.  I tend to be a bit solemn and not a person you would call alot of fun.  I enjoy the companionship of a friend but as my life it so full of people and animals that need me I can't always find time to share as much time with my friends as my soul would want. I have two adult daughters that at various time in their lives have been my best friend.  One lives a long way away at this time and I have lost that daily sharing of my life with her which saddens me.  My other daughter and I spend a great deal of time together.  She is a great deal like me, and though that will surprise some, others not so much.  She is like I am now and not like I was at her age.  I had a lot of anger that she does not have.  She is like that mature me and not the young me.  I know some are thinking she is never loud or opinionated like Nannie, well not politically, but don't push her she is my daughter in every since of the word when pushed to her limit or protecting her young, a true little momma bear. 

I have a lot of good friends, sometimes I don't even know how many, which surprises me sometimes.  I have a lot of acquaintances which has never surprised me I was taught to be kind to people by my dad and I learned that well.  But true friendship was not something that I was taught well, with such a big family sometimes friendship was a secondary endeavor, I have seven sisters and that doesn't always leave a lot of extra time to develop friendships.  I would say my oldest friend is my sister, Sister.  we came up together weathered our childhoods, had babies together, have gotten grey hair together, and each proudly wear it.  We have become grandmothers together and both have an oldest granddaughter with the same first and middle names.  We are a great deal alike in our beliefs, our lifestyles and ways of thinking.  We live next to one another and rarely spend alot of time in each others homes but are welcome with out a knock.  She is my sister from the start and friend from the heart. 

I have numerous friends that I can not see or not talk to for long periods of time and when we get together we can finish the last conversation we were having without batting an eye or having to explain what we are talking about.  Twin and I have know each other since our teens, we are the ying and yang of politics and in many ways philosophical life styles; but we are also both avid crafters that share ideas, support one anothers successes and sorrow at each others losses.  I have hugged her through the loss of her momma, the loss of relationships, the growing of her kids and seen her joy in her grandkids.  She is my oldest friend not birthed by my mother.  I would say that Lady is my next closest friend we have known each other a life time, we have shared our crafting, our hopes, dreams, and concepts of life with our families, we have supported one another when the need arose and knew without a doubt the others support was there at a word.  We are a different as night and day, she is lady like, organised and on task at all times,  I have no care if I am wearing a sack and couldn't find a dress with out a hunt, I find organizations a puzzle of the mind that is deep in my brain, so don't move that pile on my desk, yes it is really a filing system if you can find it under last week's coffee cup.  On task is relative, I can't remember not having a least six project going at anyone time and who said they have be done on a timeline?  She puts up with me and all my idiosyncrasies.  Shorts has been my friend for ever, there can be years go by with out our seeing one another or a bunch of time spent in a short while.  We have rarely ever spent much time at one anothers

This last week has been a blessing, I spent a day on walkabout with the Herbalist, spent a day helping her bring a baby goat into the world alive, spent a day talking with her and having a girls night out.  I spent a day with Lady Knitter, getting to know one another and sharing the love and wonder of spinning.  I enjoyed the love of my daughter daily, and the kids that come with her.  I have plans to spend a day with Lady next week, shopping and doctors all in one day, that will be a joy.  I am to teach Herbalist to make sourdough bread for the Professor.  I am to go with Poppie to Belles, he is to put in her new dishwasher and our little ones will get to play together.  What a wonderful life I have been given, it is simple and the joys would seem as naught to some but they are special and happy to me. The speed of our lives is a choice we get to make and you should never assume you know what is best for someone else.  Warp speed is not all it is cracked up to be in the end, life at the speed of friendship is much more appealing, it gives you time to smell roses, wipe babies tears and get their hugs of love, nothing else quite like it..... tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh...what a GREAT post, Debbie! Enjoyed it immensely!

    Blessings,
    Sunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I count you among my blessings your friendship it greatly apperciated. Hugs Debbie

      Delete
  2. Debbie, enjoyed your post. You are a very caring compassionate person and I am better for knowing you. Thanks for your friendship..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your friendship as well, I am sure knowing you makes me a better person.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....