Sunday, February 9, 2014

Church was great, Potluck, Bubbles and Cubbie went, Poet got stranded......

Today was a nice day at Church. Cubbie and Bubbles went with us, Cubbie was a lady and the Preacher gave her an extra treat because she was so good.  Bubbles is two, she whined a little, talked a little and was all around distracting on many levels, less so once I got the 11 year old to quit fighting with her.  I was amazed at the little girl and finally got her to stop.  I should hope that by that age Bubbles will not act the way she did today or the way the other little girl was with her. We had a nice potluck and wondrous Church family sharing was had by all, after I was taking carrots to Pianist so I swung by the Church and there was Poet, her van had a dead battery from the kids playing in it.  I didn't have jumpers but a neighbor was coming across the street to help her.  I promised her I would stop to see that she was gone when I came back by.  

I contemplate the lessons of today as I came home.... It was funny (you know ironic) that the Sunday school lesson was about how God sees us as a royal priesthood and in the sermon in regular Church was about learning how God giveth Grace to the humble. When Preacher asked how we were suppose to live our lives I said "I would think that were are to learn to be humble in our robes."  He kind of paused for a second as if to wonder what I was talking about and them said "Yes, we are to live in the situation we are in.  And that would be with a royal robe and with humbleness"..... interesting thought to think on this week. We are the royalty that God's Grace makes us, if we are royalty we are surely wearing royal purple robes in Gods sight and we are to be humble doing it.  How do we balance the two both equal ways we are to conduct ourselves in this life?  One found in 1 Peter 2:9-10

1 Peter 2:9-10

King James Version (KJV)
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;
10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

The Second in James 4:6

James 4:6

King James Version (KJV)
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.


It made me think that we are called to be as God wants us to be, in the robes of one of the royal priesthood, but we are also to be humble.  We are his royal priesthood but we are not to be proud but humble..... that is something to think on isn't it?  God sees us as his royal priests but he wants us to be humble in our lives. I can think that only Jesus could truly obtain that in this life and that we can but try.  Think about how proud most of us would be if we really thought of ourselves as royal priest....  It may be just as well that we see our selves as just human beings, or we would be to prideful to bare.  It is hard enough to be humble with our human flesh leading us to and fro.  I do like to think that God would see me as one of his royal priest but am also glad I can not truly see it as the lusts of the flesh would sure destroy me if I could..... It is a concept I must think and think on to put it into a perspective I might come to accept, but think that like eternity with Jesus it may be beyond my thinking and comprehension....  I am an adopted child of God, a chosen generation, part of a holy nation, who obtained mercy through God's Grace, how glorious is that??? We all can be that, what a gift God's Grace is to all that asked for it........ tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....