Saturday, February 8, 2014

Mixer Kefir dinner rolls, Kefir from September wonderful, not so much 6 week old sour cream from the store and they say it's good (safe?) for us??

I decided to make Mixer Kefir Dinner rolls for potluck tomorrow, along with a heirloom tomato zucchini leek quiche and a blackberry crisp.  The rolls are easy.  They are made in a mixer after all.

1 cup of flour
1 cup of warm water ( lukewarm from the tap, but be careful too hot will kill your yeast)
4 TBS of yeast

Put in the mixer and mix thoroughly and let set a few minutes to make a nice sponge. Once it is nice and bubbly add the following.

4 eggs
1 cup of yogurt or Kefir,
1 tsp salt, I used sea salt
4 TB of sugar or honey
1/2 of water.

Mix together.  Add:

6 1/2 cups of flour, once it is mixed all together add 8 TBs of melted butter (not hot or it will kill the yeast) mix a couple minutes scrape down and then mix again for a couple minutes.  It will be sticky do not add more flour.  Place in a butter bowl and let raise in a warm room for 11/2 hours.  Cut into approximately 20 balls form into buns and let raise 30-40 minutes.  Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Buter, gravy or jelly.... eat 'em up!



I was looking in my frig for Kefir from the Kefir I am currently keep that I got the grains for from Lady Hero.  I was out had used it all up making Avocado Blackberry Smoothies for the Ladies.  Yum, but I digress.  I decided to use some of the 1/2 gallon of goat kefir that I had in my frig from September, it is good to have on hand if you have a sick goat.  It was as good as the day I put it in there.  Funny though right beside the jar of Kefir was a sour cream container that I had bought at the store for Christmas Eve.  I check it and was appalled it was moldy and growing nasty stuff in it.  Okay so why is is that the store stuff is nasty and mold in a little over a month and the Kefir I had since September is wonderful.  Goes to show you that the real natural good stuff is always the way to go if you want to put good stuff in your body.  I won't be buying nasty sour cream again any time soon.  I hate that in the winter I have to resort to boughten milk.  I know all the nasty stuff they put in it but I hope that like white sugar is to water kefir, boughten milk is to milk Kefir.  Well one can hope anyway.  The good news is that the goats will be milking again soon, I could now but I like the babies to get all they need and it is colder than sin out there now, I am a whoosey and Yogie has enough to do with school on right now.  But soon and very soon we will be back on the good natural goats milk, until then I hope the kefir cuts the bad out of the store stuff.  I have a friend with a cow but she lives to far away for me to get any milk.  I do hate that Montana is the most restrictive state when it comes to raw milk.  Raw milk is king when will they ever realize that.  Climbing down and off for now...

I pray for your Salvation and that if you don't know the joy of the Lord's love that soon and very soon you will be called in  your heart to him.... What a glorious day that will be for you.  I know that no day in my life was more precious than the day the Lord called me and I became his through Jesus Christ my Lord... tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....