Friday, February 28, 2014

Another Snow day, second in a week and I can't remember my older kids having even one in all their school years....

So this morning I have 15 inches of snow on the deck rails (you know the snow that didn't fall off), snow still coming down and a house full of kids that think you should go outside roll a round in the snow, track it into Nannie's living room, warm up your hands and start the whole process over, and over and over again.  It is all fluffy and wind is predicted so that it can become a blizzard.  Funny (you know ironic) that this is the second snow day we have had this week and during the 16 total years my older kids spent in this same school there was not even one that I can remember.  Odd how times change, maybe it was something like the 10 mile (both ways) up hill walk  to school my folks, and yours, all talk about.  Maybe it is just a cycle like everything else and we really aren't in danger of the mysterious global warming that all to many people are afraid of... who knows really but God.

The kids are mid cycle and are in the house watching old Tom and Jerry cartoons, you know the ones that still had cigarettes in them.  Poppie made them wipe all of the puddles up and says they can't go out for at least an hour, or maybe until they drive him crazy and he sends them out.  The baby, Bubbles, is playing driving the car, Yogie rigged her up a box and a set of suspenders as a seat belt for her and her babies.  You know times have changed when the kids are shocked by the cigarettes and the baby can't even pretend to drive a car without a seat belt for her and a car seat for her dolly.  I guess things don't always stay the same......




I have got all the tomatoes I got from the store yesterday into jars and have 7 jars to process and no the eighth jar is not going to be processed but eaten because even I am not crazy enough to spend 90 processing minutes plus cool down time to process one jar.  The 4th Annual Spring Fling has been delayed to next week, called on account of snow.  That means my olive oil soap will be ready and maybe, just maybe Mokie will have her goat milk and honey lotions ready to take.  It also means that the Spring Fling and BBFC day will come at the same time so there will be some planning to get that all figured out.

I spent part of the morning reading a new book, The Jesus you didn't Know by Philip Yancey, it is just as wonderful as the rest of his books, that I have read.  I read a shortened version of his book on praying last week, wonderful.  It makes you rethink why you should pray and have greater appreciation for praying. I hope you have a good day, hope that there isn't any snow or rain, especially for those of you in CAli, that you can't call a blessing.  Nothing worse than being over blessed with no place to put it. I pray for your health, your life, your soul and most of all for your salvation, to one and all, and yes, most especially for you dear stalkers, just think some day you could become one of the Lords and rethink your life pursuits too.  Serious I pray for one, and all, and I mean that in a way you cannot fathom, because the Lords wants us all to care for our fellow man, yes, our neighbors.... tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....