Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Adventures in Rhubarb, Cubbie has a red letter day, Bubbles takes a swim......

BBFC went well on Saturday but one of the items got mixed up with another.  We had figured that it must have been an item that was picked up by a friend and not a contributor themselves, you would remember and know that you did not order rhubarb, it is an odd thing, you either like it or don't, not an in between item.  I figured it out down to two people and left messages on their phones.  I figured if they didn't call me back I was out the rhubarb and blessed with many more avocados than I needed.  I asked our lovely Mrs. M at Church, if she had picked up rhubarb for her friend at BBFC.  She had so was going to check if they were supposed to get the rhubarb.  I checked when I got home her friend was to get the rhubarb so was sure the two I had left message with were my lossees and thought no more about it and enjoyed my Sunday.  Bright and early yesterday I got a call and the Lady that didn't get her avocados was glad to bring the rhubarb back, all fixed.  I got the rhubarb and happily made strawberry rhubarb jelly.  Well when Poppie came home from the school he had rhubarb in tow.  Our lovely Mrs. M, who is in her 80's, had gone out in her garden picked me about 4 to 5 lbs taken them to the Preacher and he gave them to Poppie when he was picking up the girls.  Bless her lovely heart.  I will now be making huckleberry rhubarb jelly today.  She likes huckleberry jelly and since she went out of her way to fix me up with it I thought the least I could do it bless her with jelly.  I have such a wondrous Church family. 

Our Cubbie had a red letter day, I call anytime the kids make a huge milestone accomplishment a red letter day.  I have both Yogie and Booboo's red letter days jotted down in one of my old hand written journals, now I just have you all and this blog.  I digress.  Cubbie learned to peddle her bike without it's training wheels on Saturday.  She was so proud, she also had a big scrape on her chin and her elbow as badges of honor.  When I gave her praise for her riding ability, as I could see her riding up and down the road, she said, "Nannie, Nannie, looks at my ouwie's"  Happy as a clam she showed me her little face and elbow.  No pain there just the joy of having ridden her bike like a big girl.  NO pain no gain, so to speak, I guess.

Our Bubbles had a naughty event on Friday.  I let her and her sister go out to play in the yard.  They had been out there maybe ten minutes when Cubbie came in "Nannie, Bubbles is all wet."  I said, "Wet? how did she get wet?  Did you turn out the faucet?"  Cubbie, "No, Nannie I didn't"  I went out figuring I would find a wet child from playing with the hose.  No, our Bubbles couldn't have done something so simple.  She was coming across the yard from the goat pen crying.  Her little body was drenched from head to toe through all three layers of clothes, it was a little chilly on Friday.  Poppie was just driving in the driveway while I was stripping her clothes off.  She was so wet her diaper had expanded like a balloon.  I asked Poppie to figure out where she had gotten into so much water.  Well, she has just figured out how to open the Goat pen gate, she had gotten in the goat pen and either fallen in or climbed into the goat waterer.  I am thinking crawled in, as it is in the middle of the goat pen and there would be no reason to be by it other than to be doing something with it.  You don't just accidental find yourself at the goat waterer.  Poppie said there was water all around it where  she climbed out of it.  Thank the Lord it is only 8 inches deep, so baby goats don't drowned in it, and I guess in our case  Bubbles.  Her little chin was chattering as I took all her clothes off on the steps and told her to get her naked little bum in the house.  She was a little blue around the lips so she was more than happy to get in the house, get dry and cuddled up in a blanket.  I am not sure I will survive our little Bubbles antics over the next years.....

I prayer for your salvation, your acceptance of God's grace and your answering of God's word and grace.  God calls us to share his Word and I share with you, bless be to the Lord who gave us his Word in our lives.  Are there any precious words than "In the beginning God......"..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....