Sunday, October 27, 2013

Chruch was a mixed blessing but the Lord might have that in mind anyway....

I have said before that I have come to terms with the dual blessing of going to the local Church we go to.  I have said that it is so like what I believe, and so not, but that is a trial that I think that God wants for me.  I spent a good portion of the last week searching my heart and searching the Bible for answers to my questions and the pain that some times going to Church can cause.  God spoke to me and I have come to know that God has a plan for me and for right now I am where he wants me to be learning lessons he has especially designed for me.  I have spoken with Poppie and in an intellectually way he is fully in agreement with me and we think it is God's will for us at this time in our lives, but Poppie is a much newer Christian than I am and he is much more easily rattled and he also has a bit of a flash temper, well as much of a flash temper as a totally soft quite man can have, but if you knew him you may not understand he does have one because you have to be so close to him to see or know of it.  Most people are totally unaware that Poppie is able to get angry at all.  Today at Church Poppie was very sensitive and was very disheartened by some of the goings on.  I tried to explain to him that just because we don't see something the way the rest of the people at Church do doesn't make their path with God wrong.  I will no longer say we are members because by the local Churches view we aren't, and never will be, and they made that perfectly clear but we are already in a very special Church and that one it far more important to have membership in.  I am a member of Jesus Christ's Church he received me and Poppie with welcoming arms at the moment of our salvations.  I no longer will have issue with not being a member of the local Church because I am not going to let the splitting of hairs, and that's what it is, offended me away from assembling in Church to worship God.  They accept us there, not as members, but more importantly God accepts us there to worship and he has affirmed our memberships in his Church and that one so out weighs the other that my soul doeth sing.  I can't be offend if I chose not to be.  Now I have to get Poppie to over come the pain of rejection, because that is how he feels.  This is really one of his first trials for his faith and he will over come he just needs to give it over to God so he can over come, I did. 

We had planned on going to the baptism after Church at the river, I had explained it to Poppie but in the end Poppie could not go and support something he did not feel right about.  I told him we had to honor the choices of others in their walk with God.  Poppie understood that but he said he didn't have to go watch it.  I told him I would honor his view and we didn't go.  We can support the new soul in Christ as she grows, but not today, and maybe God doesn't want us there anyway.  We did have a talk with the Ladies on why Poppie didn't want to go and even in their youth they understood our feelings and reasoning.  We spoke to them about salvation asking each if they understood what it was about, and we have spoken with them many a time so this was not new, but both agreed they did not fully under what salvation was, or is, and what God asked of them.  I told them that it would come to them in the right time and that God would speak to them in his time frame, not the time frame of impatient man,  I told them they would know when God wanted them to step out and believe and seek their salvation, God would tell them and call them in their hearts in a way that they could not not understand....

Is God calling you, has he called you and have answered him?  Have you ignored his call?  Have you missed his call?  or are you awaiting his call?  If you are seek him in your Bible, his Word will call you in a way you will know that he is calling for you to believe, don't hesitate when he calls just obey and believe..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....