Friday, October 25, 2013

Knitting, Library and mushrooms.....

I have two friends that want me to teach them to knitted different things.  I went to meet with each on different days this week and they were not there so I got to do other things.  The second day I was at the Library and got other stuff in line for the volunteering I am learning to do.  I also got to go to the adult reading group that I never manage to get to go to.  It was fun, old friends and I meant an interesting new lady, I have not meant before.  We are going to be reading for November on interesting woman in history.  That is a subject I can get behind and get into.  They are very nice at the group and have made sure to make room for people like me that only really read non-fiction, I like when I can participate.  I did come home and read most of two books.  I read most of a book on Sacajawea, not sure if that will be my book or not.  I also am reading a book called Rain Dance that I down loaded for free from BookHub several months ago it is about two ladies one who is infertile and one who has an abortion that meet at the Dr.s office.  I hadn't been all that interested to start it but thought I would read a little of it for a woman's subject for the reading group, it is riveting, I read the first 9 chapters and could hardly tear myself away from it.  I can't wait until it is done to tell you about it.  I think I will write it as a companion blog with some thoughts on abortion, and most of you know I have strong opinions on that.

I helped Poppie chop wood last night.  Bubbles and Cubbie helped too. I ran the lever for awhile, as did both Cubbie and Bubbles it was so funny to what little 22 month old Bubbles try to get those levers just right.  She did wondrously well for her age, more like Boy did a 3.  We got all of the wood that were stragglers from past years of wooding done.  10 blocks by the well house, 30ish by the haystack and orphans around the yard.  We got close to 2 cord all together and the littles and me stacked all two cords of it yesterday.  Today amazingly I am not as sore as normal.  I know that I need exercise for my joint pain but I don't always get the opportunities to do so. It really is nice for my shoulders, especially my left one, not to hurt, and my hips are better, sore but a different sore than the usual pain.  We had just finished dinner when Mokie came in to tell us the mushroom were up in the garden.  Poppie always waits in the fall not to till the garden, when he should, so that the mushroom crop God sends us can be harvested.  It does affirm that the garden is way to acidy to grow good veggies in some places or we wouldn't get the wondrous crops of shaggy manes we do.  We are going to actively try to change the acid levels so I hope we continue to get the mushroom but you probably can't really have it all.  We got a full giant yellow Tupperware bowl full so a good first harvesting.  We usually get them for a couple of weeks and most often get several five gallon buckets total so all our friends get gifted mushrooms.  I am taking the first harvest to Belle's we are going to have coffee, and usually we end up having some good conversation.  We both really want to have a regular Bible study so hoping to get that planned in to both our unscheduled at home mom lives, some time it would be easier if we really had schedules and knew where we would be at any given day or time.....

I pray for you today.  I hope you find the hearing of the Lord's Word today.  I pray some one speaks it to you, I might just have, or you open your Bible, or seek someone else's, and he speaks to you himself.  Please listen it will be the most important thing you ever hear.  Hearing the Word is the first step to your salvation.... please listen and follow his voice to your salvation.... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....