Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Life is supposed to be a roller coaster and this life is never supposed to be easy or tranquil....

My life of late has been at it's best and at it's worst from seemingly one moment to the next.  I have been going along trying to be the best Christian and person I can be and then I will get hit with something far a field and I didn't anticipate or actually expect it.  It is off balancing but I have been praying and reading my Bible daily for a year or more and my balance just seems to resume or maybe it is that God gives me the strength to recenter and go on, knowing he (the Holy Spirit) lives in me and He guides me.  I know that some of you don't believe that and that is okay, I also know that others of you know that I am right because he lives in you as well.  I live in the real world where people are allowed to have a different opinion of me without being against me or for me. God gave us free will and with free will we get to make the choses that we live by or are punished by.  I living in a roller coaster life and don't always make the right decision but they are my decision, and the Lord blesses your life with your own roller coaster and you get to make your own decision right or wrong for you.  The best we can do for our loved ones, family or friends, is to be honest with them.  Saying you believe something or support something just because they want you to isn't being honest, it isn't being hurtful or cruel if you don't agree with someone's life decisions it is honest and being honest about what you think is more real than being fake and saying your love their idea or you totally would do it yourself.  You can only wish the best for your loved ones you can't make them do anything or selfishly try to make them think as you do.  Each of us is different and difference is difference, and isn't it a beautiful thing that no two of us is just alike, how sad that would be.  God didn't make a black and white world he made a beautiful breath taking world with colors and textures and shapes and sizes and beauty in all he created. You only have to look to see it, some see a crusty old rusty bedframe as trash, others see it as a yard ornament and still others see it as a hanging feature in their house to enhance the house's beauty.  No two of us see anything the same and we should be at peace with the difference we shouldn't see others view as an attack or a demand that we comply to them.  NO one see our lives as we do, not even our spouse for the most part.  We live a singular life with God, if we have asked him into ours,  and only God knows us as we are.  We thing we know others problems and ways but alas we are only privy to the little they let us see.  We are privileged that they would share that bit with us, and we get to call them friend or family.  We as a human have very few truly personal encounters in our lives, we really almost never share our inner being with ours and never our innermost being.  It is our private piece of us that is our spirit and only God gets to see and share that.  But I have digressed off topic.....

I know the trials that I endure daily, I see my spouses, my children's and some times but rarely do I see my friends or families.  Really, don't you try to put the best foot forward with all on the outside of you inner circle, which is generally the ones who live with us and the only reason they know about it is that they were there?  Am I wrong??  We are a personal creature trying to live in the most public age God ever created.  Some of us are afraid of what the neighbor would think?  what my friends would think? (that one puzzles me sometimes because if they were your friends wouldn't they still love you but we are so afraid they might we don't confide in them) What would the social group I belong to think?  What would the Facebook group think if they knew?  What would who think??  I think we forget that What God thinks of us is really the only thing that really matters and he always knows, he was there.  We are a funny creature.  We are so secret unto ourselves that no one knows us because even the most open of us never let anyone really see us as we are. 

We, for the most part, spend our lives worshipping ourselves, we are after "it" what ever that is. We want to improve ourselves, we want to earn it or winning it or find it when it comes to riches, but never really realize we can't take it with us so it better be a treasure in Heaven or it is all for naught.  We need to stop being so self centered and become God centered because when we are we are at our truly best.  We gain the peace we seek, we gain the gifts God entrusts us with in this life (and don't kid yourself if you have it God willed for you), we love others and the get joy in our lives that we don't have to tell others about, though that kind of joy shouts itself out and people know your joy.  I have found so much peace in prayer, and I don't care if you doubters or scoffers neigh say me.  God is peace and peace comes from praising, praying to and studying the word of God. We, as a people, are trained as children, study to be something, and work at our craft be it art to zoology, so why would practicing our Love for God be of any less importance or reward.  If you want the Lord in your live you have to ask him in daily.  Do you pray?  When was the last time you even opened your Bible?  Have you ever read it through?  Do you start your day with it?  Do you start your day in Prayer with God?  If not when was the last time you spoke to him?  Really?  that long ago and you wonder where he is in your life?  He is back where you left him by the wayside.  If you profess to be a Christian are you proud of it?  Do you ever talk of the Lord?  Do you whisper that you are quietly as an aside if in public or do you shout it out  for all to hear?  Did he not stand up and die on a cross for your sin?  Yes, yours and mine.  We were the reason for the bitter cup of sin he had to take on.  Me, I was the reason that my savior died on a cross and arose three days later.  It was not you there or your there, or him over there, in my life He died for me or he couldn't be my savior.  He died for one and he died for all that we might be covered by his blood and be saved for life everlasting.  Okay I know you don't like my preachy blogs, guess what I don't care.  I too like the goat ones, the cooking ones and the whatever ones, I wrote them and they all have meaning to me but the ones I write where the Holy spirit moves me to witness are my favorite, because somewhere out there somewhere perchance maybe one person who has never thought about God might have a tiny taste of him and seek him.  I may be the only Gospel some person has ever heard and through hearing comes faith, and that person somewhere might today open a Bible and Hear the Word of God, and accept his word and Believe that Jesus died and arose for him or her. 

I read somewhere this week.  If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the Cross that is history; if you believe Jesus Christ died and arose that is Salvation.  Salvation is so simple that the great minds of our world over think it and bat it away as a fable but how sad that is for them.  Belief is such a small and simple thing that it is very hard for some to do. Don't let that be you.... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....