Sunday, November 11, 2012

Cubbie is four.....

Today our Cubbie turns four.  What will her next year bring?  She now has half a mullet, because her mom and dad have not come to terms with her "hair cut" no, it will not miraculously grow back.  Yes, it is cold but allowing a child to have half a mullet is not going to make it warmer, I have tried to be allow to even it out, a little, but no go.  She is turning the big 4 maybe she will settle down a bit, but I am not holding my breath.  She has a little bruise on her left eye.  She spends as much time as she can in the goat pen, runs over to her "horse" and throws herself on it's bare back like any good wild child ever represented in a movie where the children rode wild horse unabashedly.  She is a true child of nature.  The bruise came from the buck that wasn't meaning to hurt her but bump her with his horn as she raced past him to her steed.  She holds her own with her uncle Bug, he gives her a hard time and she gives as good as she gets.  Her brother is not as comfortable fighting back with her uncle as she. she is a real child of free spirited antics.  She will be an empowered woman by any ones standard and I am truly not sure that I would have it any other way, other than she is sometime so exasperating that you want to pull out your hair.  She is kind hearted and tries to take care of her sister even if her sister is having none of it and screams at her to make her stop.  Maybe a second Cubbie is our little Bubbles, not sure I have enough energy for two of them.  Today she gets to blow out her candles and have the pride of another year conquered in her pocket.  I only wonder what the next year will bring.  Am I strong enough to survive it?.... Happy Birthday to my lovely little Cubbie... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....