Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Wading through, do you ever feel that way.....

I am whining this morning. couldn't got to Church last night, my last half tooth is acting up again.  Never a good thing.  I usually plow threw but my tooth, of never ending trouble, is one of my cyrptonites.  It is closer to being a thing of my past but after 30 years of trouble it can't be soon enough.  People look at me and shake there head thinking I am lying about the time frame, I assure you I am not.  They started to rupture when I was pregnant with my son who will be thirty in December.  The went up and down for years, no room against my jaw bone.  I once looked like a pocket gopher for about a month from the swelling, friends thought I had mumps.  No, just my teeth.  I actually asked my dentist, the one that did so much damage to so many peoples teeth as he "learned" his craft, told me "oh, you are wrong they are fully in"  Really then why did they both continue to move and break the teeth in front of them.  He was truly an idiot, and when I had insurance he could have helped me, and made so much difference, but no such luck.  I have been on this last pain stretch four years now.  I have lost one and a half of the offending teeth, just one more and I will be free and clear of a life time, my son's, pain.  Okay, done whining, I do beg your pardon sometimes I get to a point where I need to scream and this is me screaming.....

I wonder sometime if your life feels like  you are wading through?  Wading you say.  You know when you are up to your bum in things that need to be done, got to be done and someone else wants you to do something for them.  Sort of like being in a slew, a bog or the current of a rushing stream.  You don't have anything really pressing but just a steady flow of things you need to do, should do and have to do.  I get that way alot and to the outside world it looks like I have not of the cares of this world on my back.  Yay, who in the working world wouldn't want to trade places with me, I don't have to answer to a clock, a boss or the weather.   Really, I would some days most assuredly trade my "no boss" for you one.  Do people in the working world, that look down on at home moms, ever consider, that each of those children, grandchildren and their friends are bosses, all be it they don't pay you, they do run what you have to do and get done in a day.  I start my day sometimes as early as 4 if I am to get anytime to be myself, and don't get coffee breaks,( going to lunch is not something I get to do very often and when I do it is such a treat,) but most days going to lunch something I get to do, well it is I get to make it for everyone, and they don't always think they should have to do it all at one time.  Can you say short cook at the restaurant of Mom, and some of the patron don't even live in my house.  Weather and the drive to work, well here the drive to work is shoveling to the barn to get the right to work, shoveling hay, slopping hogs, hauling water when the hose is frozen, and the list goes on from there.  I understand you wad through the sloshes of your life as well, and life is a choice, but the next time you look down at the mother that stays at home, no she is not uneducated, she is not lazy and to stupid to hold down a job.  She has made a choice to take on a "committee" as her boss, and you know how committee's work. She loves her kids as much as you do yours, she has just chosen time over money as her rearing technique.  She is not a slacker, she is someone in your shoes just doing the best she can within the scope of her abilities and beliefs. May God help us both to do the best we can for our kids, grands and communities.... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....