Friday, November 30, 2012

Paperwork, computers that needs a password I don't have, nooks, and baskets.....

I spent the greater part of yesterday trying to figure out paperwork.  I figure at this point it has been my procrastinations that have made me stupid, well maybe without knowledge, is that the same thing?  I digress.  I had been totally unaware that my Internet system had a password for securing it unto recently.  Bug had brought his computer up for several years and had always had access but the last six months or so it had asked for a password.  He didn't need on that badly so we had ignored it.  I had realized that it was due to the fact that I had to change out my dsl router, I hope that is what it is called, but it could be my router and modem, or maybe it is me lan, or some other alphabet soup component that I don't remember the actual name of but I can use.  Okay so I am old, waiting for my girls to grow a little more and they can teach me how to use it and what it's call, really, I am not joking!  I have to work so hard to accomplish what they can in a short time.  I think maybe I can trade sewing, crafting and cooking techniques for their assistance to come...hmmmm, coinage can be of so many dimensions, of many different varieties and I shall never forget it.  Anyway.  I finally discovered that the answer I sought were not on the PC, but the laptop, why? Oh, why? Would I have thought the PC would control the network and not the laptop?  Is it because the PC is actually plugged into the the dsl and my laptop just grabs it out of the air... okay, you do know that I am old school and not sure I will ever come close to mastering the new technologies or if that is even possible but I did stumble my way to the answer by shear persistence.  Okay, so I now have the password in hand, and I don't have to call the tech at the wifi service which makes me feel even stupider than just the self awareness that I can't find what I need and am surely on my way to drowning in the process of using my Internet/computers.  He is nice but that doesn't make me feel any less stupid, yay no call for me today.  Now I just have to use the password to set up the nooks, and then go down to the library to beg Ladies help in setting them up to access library books, I can manage the setting them up to purchase books, as I struggled through my kindle app and can do that, that is a whole other blog....

I am going to send emails to the VAC, sign my confidentiality paper work, and work on the site form today.  Somehow does it strike you that our lives are no longer controlled by words but letters these days?  I am actually going to have to learn to text, I have tried it once but as I didn't have a keyboard it was a looooooong process.  I am going to get a keyboard phone, either compliments of Lady, she has an old one she no longer uses, or I am going to order one, still going to do the pay as I go thing as I can't imagine using a phone enough to pay a monthly fee so am glad that the pay as you go now have text plans that are good.  I know you are now rolling on the floor laughing, or as the kids would say rotflmao, but I am not a stupid person and have to learn technologies like I have done so many things in my life by trial and error, it is just so much easier to get a book and learn to spin, make cheese, or make soap than it is to find a password encrypted in file in the security system of a machine that gets it's info from a radio wave from a lan that is sent from a dsl router.  Isn't it? 

I am excited to say that once I get through the muddlings of the paperwork and groups of the Internet, the faxing, the emailing, the conference call and the signing, we will be on our way to a having a Bountiful Baskets Food Co-op, for the young among you BBFC, here in our little town. We are still on line for a January opening.  Lady and I are getting to get together to lay out our thoughts, designs and finish up the process, but we are getting there, rest assured we are on our Way!! Yay!!! ...... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....