Friday, November 23, 2012

Turkey Leftover Soup, adults with no sense of fair play, Alone time...

I am well and truly alone this morning maybe until noonish, when Poppie and Bug come back.  Poppie had to go clean out horse and goat pens at the Professors this morning, the rain tomorrow would drown the animals if Poppie didn't go back hoe him out.  He can't spend more than a few hours on the back hoe before he is in pain so I hope he isn't hurting to bad when he gets home. I am making Turkey Day Leftover soup, the turkey bones, turkey, sweet potatoes, celery, onions, peppers and dressing all in the pot to make the base.  Then I will can it up to add fresh pototoes, rice or pasta to to eat and serve. Tomorrow they are going to harvest the last of this years crop of goats.  I hope to grind Sunday afternoon, or Monday.  I need the sausage, burger, and shanks,  funny Poppie won't eat a good beef roast with out whining but does like my goat shanks, and all organic too, yay.  The Ladies went home with Mokie and family to spend the night with the cousins,  funny how legally they are aunts and nieces/nephews but can't ever think that that would come to mind with them, they are really double cousins.  Missed the grands and kids that could not be home for dinner with us yesterday, love them all and they are ever in our hearts. 

I had some success with my thanks and givings, all the kids got right on board, Cubbie was thankful for horses, Boy was to shy to say, Booboo and Yogie happily, with pride, read their lists.  Mokie started the revolt, Son and Poppie joined in and would not share, Bug gave a semi-smart alec one, but I think he was trying to put forth an attempt.  I got to bring up the end, and when I was thankful for my family I did note that I wished they were more inclusive and had a sense of fair play, to which they all bahaed me....

I truly am thankful for all the blessings that the Lord has given them this year, so many I can not begin to name them, I do know that the Lord knows I do name them one by one to him and love that even though I but fail at the things he would ask of me he loves me anyway.  I think that sometimes people get sad around the holidays, I think in ways you can truly tell the void of God in the lives of the most saddest people.  I know that sometimes I get lonely, as I am not good at being alone, coming from a family of 12 kids I never had much experience at being alone.  I can't say that I am really ever a sad person, I sorrow but that is in response to a specific incident but true sad I am not sure I ever really accomplish.  I have had bouts of depression and sometime despair but that was never about being the kind of sad I see in some people.  I think that people without God in their lives have a sadness that none can compare.  I really sorrow for the atheists, the lost and the Godless this time of year, especially, I can't even imagine a moment of life without God so how sad a life devoid of God must be.  The true horror is I can not fathom.  So sad it is this time of year to never have know the encompassing love of God.  I think if I could really give something this Thanksgiving it would be the joy and love of God to all the sad, lonely and people without him in their lives.  Oh, to be without God's love is unthinkable, maybe some of then this coming year will hear the call of God and step into his light.... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....