Monday, February 25, 2013

Do Ladies fight? We are missing and adjusting......

Do Ladies fight?  I am here to tell you, yes they do.  I don't know if it is growing pains or it is just that the winter grows long.  The two of them have been bickering all morning.  Poppie says it is just like when Goofy and Mokie were little.  I said it is nothing like how they fought.  They were farther apart and their lives were really always different from one another.  I am not sure the older two ever found common ground to be compatible on.  I think as adults they do find commonality but not really ever as little girls.  They are probably the most opposite girls that I have ever known.  Sad they never seemed to find each other to be close.  I was about the same distance from my Sister as a child but did find that as adult we did have commonality and though I have 7 sisters, she is the one I think of as my sister, the one I was raised with.  I do hope that my two find their commonality some day. I digress.  My two littles tend to be so close that it is rare for them to be at each other the way they have been this morning or off and on lately.  Maybe they are having growing pains at coming into their own and embracing the differences they have and not always being so similar.  They really do compliment each other in their difference if they can learn that that is what makes them special and that they can find a way to love each other through their differences they will be blessed.  It can and will make them better people, if I can survive the process....

We are now without Bug for the first whole day since September.  He had spent a great deal of time with us over the last 6 months.  It was time well spent, and time we had not had with him since he was a teenager really.  It gave us time to reestablish our bonds, it gave him time to remember the child we raised and to decide who he is and who he wants to be for the rest of his adult life.  It gave him a new start and a renewance with God, all good things.  He is now well and truly gone and though we were glad to get our little family back it is going to take us some time to fill in the hole his leaving has caused in our family.  It think maybe that is part of why the Ladies are bickering, no big brother to pick on them.  We are going to have  to get back into routines that don't include him and that will take time.  We are glad of his going, it was time for him to spread his new wings and go but it doesn't make us miss him any less.  His dad will have the hardest time, I think for the first time in their lives they had learned to be father and son. The first time Bug was proud of his father, he understood that he was a man to be admired for his gentleness and that the quiet loving man is a man  and that that kind of man is a man as much as any hard manly logger any day.  Bug is much more able to look into himself and embrace the part of himself that is his fathers son.  The last six months have been hard in ways but hopefully they will help a man who was lost become the man God always meant him to be, the man he has long longed to be.  Godspeed to the boy who has finally become a man worthy of the name.... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....