Monday, February 20, 2012

Church was a joy, a blessing for our souls, our Ladies and ourselves. The Lord be Praised.

The Ladies were up bright and shinning yesterday. They eat their breakfast and had their little dresses on by 8 o'clock.  They wanted me to curl their hair right then and there. I told them that since they both had hair like me, on different levels, that I wouldn't curl it until 9.  I told them to read to one another and tidy up the front room.  Their excitement was barely contained but somehow they made it to 9.  I put 4 big ringlets into Yogie's hair.  Booboos took six.  Yogie's, amazingly enough, last a little longer, but her hair is a little thinner. I sprayed hairspray on them to keep the curl in as long as possible.  I rarely put any product in their hair, or mine for that matter, we had found, unscientifically, that our homemade goat soaps don't seem to work on people's hair that use alot of product or cream rinse on their hair. We made our own flax based rinse.  I think the soap has enough good oils and goat milk in it that it doesn't need it and the product plus shampoo causes a feeling of residue and build up.  The shampoo liquid or bar, works better for people that don't use product.  I know I digress.  Poppie gave them each 4 quarters and had me right a check for the offering and off we went.

We got to the Church and Miss Violin came out to greet us, she and I had spoken of our going to Church and she had been so kind in our discussions and welcoming, there she was again opening the door and excited to have new children to teach God's word to.  The Preacher and his wife, Pianist, were there to greet us,  they offered us coffee, I was too excited to have any but the offer was so refreshing, I had never been offered coffee before Church.  We all got to know each other a little bit, the Church has coffee each Sunday, once a month a little breakfast snack and once a month a buffet, or potluck.  I felt at home from the moment I walked in the Church.  We shared a bit of family history and who we might know in common.  Preacher and Pianist, recognised the girls from the farmers market.  We share our past Church associations, I explained the Church I was raised in is no longer here in town and we had made a choice not to go out of the community to go to Church.  I feel that you should go to Church in your community and build community love of God and a network of support where you live.  I told them that the girls went to AWANA's but due to extenuating circumstances that the Church that sponsors the AWANA's was not going to be a good fit for us as a family.  The girls would probably still go, if they chose too. Poppie and I had also been raise and gone as adults in Churches more similar to their Church.  They were very understanding and welcoming.

The service started and we began with Jesus Loves Me, the Preacher made it a participatory song, it was fun and kept the girls involved.  His lesson was inspiring, then there was a small intermission, and more people joined the service.  Two more children came, after a short resinging of the two selected songs, where again we got to participated during Jesus Loves Me.  Miss Violin and her dear mother sang a lovely piece to the congregation, she played the violin durin offering,  then she took the children to Sunday school and the Preacher gave us an inspired sermon.  The service was lovely from beginning to end, I think we felt so welcomed it made us feel at home. I was so happy to come home with the love of Jesus, God and a Church that really wanted us there, they didn't just acknowledge us and go on about their business they really wanted us there.  They really were glad they came and we were glad to have gone.  We will be going back again next Sunday.  I am hoping to talk to Sister, as she and I were both looking for a Church to go to in our community over the last few years since our Church really left the community when Dad and Mom moved, dad was the Preacher.  I do hope she will come and see if she likes it.  Lord be praised that he brought us to Church in his time, waiting to go was a lesson in patience but waiting to go to the right Church was a blessing to be sure... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....