Saturday, February 18, 2012

Whitney Houston going home, kids with no momma yesterday, huuuuh.

Mokie called to ask if I would take care of kids yesterday around 8, Poppie and the kids had gone and I was happily heating 5 pounds of beans to soak and can.  I have now canned 23 quarts and 3 pints.  I was just trying to finish the 20 lb bag up, then make Upluks, and clean house.  I had a long talk on the phone with Mokie, explained that Boy no longer had an invitation it visit as Poppie had withdrawn it.  I could hear Boy in the background screaming after we had had a long talk where I explained that Poppie could not longer stand Boy abusing his momma.  She hung up, I smelled beans.  I hurried into the kitchen to find my large pan of beans stuck to the burner burning away.  I was not happy, I as a child of 10 had ruined my grandmother Thelma's pan the same way.  I was able to get the pan to pop from the burn, pan not ruined just 5 pounds of beans.  They made a wonderful treat for Swiss Miss Chops, she enjoyed having them.  I had just cleaned up the mess, and had no canning to do, when Boy came into the house.  He came over and said, Nannie I am sorry. (he apparently had gotten in alot of trouble from his momma, he even got a spanking)  I said he would have to talk to Poppie and that Nannie didn't want to hear him being mean to anyone and especially not his momma or I would send him home.  He said with sadness is his voice he would be good.  His momma and the kids came over about 10 or 15 minutes later.  I was to take care of Curious, Cartoons, Second and Boy.  Mokie wouldn't take him to see Grandma White or get grain, she was going to get some grain to tide them over until Poppie and I go on Monday, we are getting 4 tons.  She told him she didn't want him being naughty at Grandma and Grandpa's.  He was to stay with Nannie, help with the kids and talk it over with Poppie.  I actually had a good day with the kids.  They played outside and Curious, of her own accord sneaked over to Mokie's yard, so had to come in the house and stay with Nannie.  The other two came in a little later and they had lunch, Curious began to cry over having to have lunch.  I told her "you don't even know what I am serving so just get up to your chair and eat."  She saw I meant business and got up and ate her spaghetti and milk.  They were not allowed to watch cartoons as they had tore up my room, threw all my blankets on the floor and played with my knitting machine the day before.  They had to stay in the front room watch cooking shows or play with toys.  They actually played with the toys and all got along quite well. Curious and Cartoons were picked up around 4, Second had gone around 2.  Poppie got home around 1 and wouldn't accept boys apology.  He said I have heard it before you are always mean to your mom.  He gave him quite a lecture.  Boy sat in his chair and cried quietly.  He then said, ' Poppie I am sorry and will be good."  Poppie said, "we will see but you need to be telling the truth cause you can't stay at our house if you are going to be naughty."  I think they finally worked it out to some satisfaction.  Hopefully Boy has learned his lesson.  Mokie picked him up around 4ish.

This morning, I have been watching the coverage of Whitney Houston's death and Going Home.  I think it is very sad.  I still amazes me how people with so much have so little in their lives that they cope with it with the drugs.  I know she may not have died of the drugs but whether she did or didn't she lived her later life in a haze much of the time.  I don't belief that money and the things that go with it are a blessing.  I think she had a blessed childhood.  She seemed to have had a lovely relationship with a good Church and she loved God to the best of her ability.  Isn't that what is all about,  her song "Didn't we almost have it all"  sang to my heart when I saw her singing in her choir as a little girl.  She did have it all, she was one of God's own.  We should never judge the heart of a person, that is entirely between God and them but even her last song spoke to God, "Jesus loves me" and in the end she knows he did.  Godspeed to a lovely sad life with ups and downs, don't we all have them in ours?....... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....