Monday, February 27, 2012

Piglets getting fat and sassy, Caramel and Copperhead froliced, Fat Goats in waiting.

Church was as inspiring and welcoming this week as it was last week.  The Lord has lead us to a home to worship him in, prayers requires patience to its fruition sometimes.  It was odd, yesterday in my blog I made a statement about sometimes you could be at the wrong church and may need to look for another one.  The same sentence came out of the Preachers mouth during the sermon, it was an assurance from God in some respects that we were where we were supposed to be.  It is nice to have a new family in Christ to praise God with. 

We stopped at the store and got stuff to make chicken dinner, ok, so I haven't done away with the non laying chickens yet so had to buy one, sad.... Came home made, the big dinner for lunch that Booboo is still getting used to.  The Ladies shared the blessing duties, as they have since they were little and could barely remember what to say to the Lord.  Shortly after dinner I went out with Poppie to see how the piglets and baby goats were doing.  The younger piglets are looking so good, it was surely a learning experience to have put them in with the older piglets, a mistake we will never make again.  They are so much bigger in just the short time we have had them apart.  They don't even look like the same piglets,  They are fat and sassy, and loving it.  The two baby goats were out in the pen with their momma and the other goats.  Copperhead has the neatest marking in the red color on his had almost a dappling of reds.  They were so cute as they ran around.  Saddie Sue tried to see what they were and Clea was having none of it.  She was ready to defend her babies from the danger of the tiny doxie.  It was so funny to see them head to head, not sure who would have won in the end.  Probably Cleo but I would never count Saddie Sue out in any contest.  The other does are all getting fat and look miserable.  Several of them will have babies any time in the next week.  It will be so much fun to see what color and sex babies they drop.  They could look like boar or be the color of their momma's breeding.  I am not quite sure when Glenda and Gladys are even due.  We think they were bred when they came but if not they would have gotten bred shortly after they got her so it will be fun to see what they have.  It was a nice Sunday all in all.

My mom called me late in the even, she wants me to come make soap on Thursday.  I have to check to see if I can get coconut oil that quickly.  I don't have any on hand.  I might be able to have Lady, pick some up for me in Zootown on Wednesday.  I know they have it at Walmart again.  I will have to see if I have lye on hand, I know I have one of the lyes on hand but need to make sure it is the sodium hydroxide.  If not I am not sure I can order it in by Thursday.  I asked if we could do it next week but the elderly lady that wants to learn is going to have surgery next week so I hope I can get it figured out for this week.  I am not sure where I could get lye in Zootown,  I do so hate meth makers it is so hard to get lye now.  I can't imagine putting it into my body like they do, well except on bagels, but I digress.  I have listings to do.  I have a lot of inventory and just need to buckle down and list it so I can sell it.  I need to do about 10 pieces a day.  I prefer to do a marathon of listing but they sell better and get looked at more if I list several pieces a day instead of all at once.  Coffee, is here and getting cold, and Poppie hates for me to drink cold coffee so have a great day...... tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. If you can't find any I have a large supply in from my last order and i can send some in with John to the firehouse. Just let me know how much you need

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pricilla, thank you so much for your kindness you are a God send. I will email you on what I need, thanks again Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....