Saturday, February 11, 2012

No grandkids or pseudo's today, yay, sorry had to say it. Talking to your kids grows their brain, duh!

No grandbabies or pseudo grandkids today, yay, I know that is supposed to be terrible but it is the truth and I said it.  My two little girls are spoiled in many ways and my older kids will tell you that.  The one that fights with them daily and then leaves her kids here to fight with them maybe the most.  But she does in ways understand their stress as well, my older kids never had to compete with anyone but each other for our time.  Yes, Poppie was at work and busy at night when he wasn't, but he was always one on one with the kids.  Sometimes they had other things to do and blamed us for not being there when they had time to spend with us, but we were always here, and they could and did get one on one time.  My two little girls have to share their time with grandkids.  Don't get me wrong we love our grandkids dearly and never turn them down when they are dropped off to stay with us, but as our older kids don't always know what are live is about they don't take into consideration that we may have had plans and they didn't even ask before they dropped off the kids.  My girls have to work around kids and grandkids almost daily.  They have to share their rooms, their toys and our time.  They don't go home to a different place that is all theirs with no one coming or going in their lives.  I am just saying, they are spoiled but they have to share their parents in ways my older kids never dreamed of.  Yes, they benefit from it in ways but they lose out in ways that the older kids never understand but resent what they see as their having had a better live than they did. I try to tell the older kids that we are just doing the best we can at the time we are doing it.  Sometimes now, the older ones have situations with their owns kids that make them understand but they would rarely admit it or give us verbal credit for us having tried to do our best, well some of them are better at it than others on that come to think of it....

I was just listening to some know it all that did a study on children on the news and he has come to the observations that speaking to a children, and have lots of conversations with your child and exposing them to lots of conversations, increases there intelligence and their verbal skill.  I sometime wonder why it takes so much money and time to study these things when anyone with common sense, time to spend and love a child could have told him that for free.  I have never talked baby talk to any of my siblings (as babies), my children or grandchildren.  All of my children spoke early, spoke correctly and spoke words that people were amazed that they knew.  It is called spending quality time with your child.  I know working is a fact of life for some mothers, but if you can why is it so hard to just spend time with your baby, your toddler or your child.  Why did you have them if you didn't want to spend time with them, talking to you baby is so important.  The Doctor told my daughter last week, your baby is so in tune with you it amazes me.  My daughter TALKS to her baby just like her mother talked to her, and her mother talked to  her.  My family always have people say about our babies, they are so alert and aware from the beginning, it is not an exception in our family it is the rule, we spend time generationaly with our babies and kids.  I know I sounds smug but that is not what I mean to sound like, it is a fact of live in my live, and how I was taught.  If you have a baby love it, talk to it and spend time with it.  Your life is not more important than your child's, don't leave them home to make it more easy for you to go shopping, they learn when they shop, don't leave them home so you can have this wonderful date night time, they learn when they get to go to the restaurant.  They are a part of your life for so short a time, and that time means so much in their lives, spend time with your child.  They wonder why the US is behind in teaching our children, did you ever think it was because our lives are  more important than our children's now, not so in the past, Mothers and Fathers spent time with their kids and not "on improving themselves, or living their lives'".  If you want to improve education get back to the basics talk to your child, read to your child, let it play with that old cardboard box.  Do you really think paying the least someone will take to watch your child, while you play, is the way to raise or educate your child?  I am now climbing down off my soap box, I get so exasperated at stupidity and million dollar studies that told us what people who care and spend time with kids already know.... time is priceless..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....