Friday, February 24, 2012

Red is actually Caramel, Mokie gets a pair as well, Drama Queen meets them.



Poppie had just come home from taking the girls to school when Boy, Cubbie, Second and Curious came into the house excited. Boy said "A baby goat is coming."  Mokie came in behind them dropped Bubbie in my arms and off she went. I put Bubbie in the swing and went to see if I could help. Poppie stayed in the house with the kids, he didn't feel the need to go do more work on baby goats, especially ones not at his house. I started to leave the house, and Curious was pointing her finger saying "one baby goat"  she is actually making good strides again.  She went through a long spell of not doing good but whatever the stumbling block or whoever the stumbling block was, the block is gone now.  I went to see if I could help.  Son was still there had not left for work yet.  There was a nice little buckling on the ground, nice Boer baby, a little tiny black around his eyes and frosted ears but for the most part typical Boer color, his momma is half Boer so he is three quarters.  She has always had a single but not yesterday, there were little feet sticking out and there soon came a second little buckling, classic Boer coloring.  They are a little bit smaller than Cleo's but then their momma Flicka is half Nigerian, so they were a nice set of bucklings.  It is good that the Boer's had bucklings, our breeding concept st for food on the Boer end and the bucklings make good withers and nicer meat in the end.  Yogie remembered that Cleo was Red's momma so decided she had to change his name to Caramel.  So nice names for the bucklings at our house.  Unsure what Mokie and the kids will name theirs.  Mokie and I went back to the house babies and momma all tucked in,  the kids couldn't wait they all wanted to go see the babies.   So they got to go see, here they are.....
Worked on diaper covers, trying to get ready for the Spring Fling, but I have been selling diaper covers this week took an order for 6 last night and have to get them done and ready to ship.  I am so glad my upcycled items are beginning to get a clientele on Etsy.  I was going to donate a Peacock feather painting but in the end I made up a nice layette basket for the silent auction.  It is bits and pieces of alot of the items I upcycle all nice baby items.  The basket I picked up at a secondhand store a year or so back, it has the coolest grapevine handle.  If you are in the area tomorrow come on out to the Spring Fling there will be spaghetti, bake sale items, books, books and more books to buy and lots of crafters and non profits to visit.  It is the second annual and already it has out grown the first building. Yogie didn't go to AWANA's it was her choice to come home from school.  Booboo went.  I think in the end God was who Yogie wanted the relationship with and as she now has a warm welcoming alternative on Sundays she no longer feels the need to have to brave a fear to go.  Booboo just likes communing with the Lord and goes to both. 

Drama Queen and Princess came by to see the goat babies, piggies and all the other animals.  Drama Queen has been on a diet, and I hope a lifestyle change, since her heart attack.  She looks better than she has in years and years.  She asked me lots of diet and exercise questions. I know I don't look my best right now, but it is not because I don't eat a good diet, a good diet is a lifestyle change.  We are pretty close to the earth in our eating patterns here.  If God made it we eat it as close to the way he made it as we can, a good diet to have.  I am not big on the processed "good for you" things that the big food companies are promoting and getting our doctors to encourage us to eat.  We eat lard, butter and coconut oil, I only buy margarine for Poppie, he won't eat butter, he was raised on a homestead with no refrigeration and his Grandma made lots and lots of butter from the cows.  The end result in those days was rancid butter, he is getting a little better at eating it but whines, so I treat him to the margarine sometimes.  I just can't abide feeding him a compound only one molecule different than plastic, and don't get me started on rapeseed oil or cottonseed oil.  Drama Queen got an earful of my closer to the land philosophies.  I did tell her she needs to read my Nourishing Traditions Book, a wonderful read and lifestyle concept.  The bottom line is that I spend a great deal of time sedimentary, watching kids, knitting, crocheting, carving and working on art, which doesn't promote any exercise.  My lifestyle needs for me to be more proactive in the exercise department, no doing chores and getting firewood is not enough but it does keep me more healthy than someone who gets no exercise.  I have to start being more active, but where do I find the time? a dilemma to be sure.  My lifestyle is being a yo yo more than not,  80 down and 60 back, but as unbelievable as it may seem eating is not the evil in my life it is the lack of movement.  Now if I could just figure out to put it into my life in a routinal way.  Coffee, then the morning "tea", diaper covers to make, a fling to get ready for, carving orders on hold, baking to oversee with the girls later, see where do I find the time?...... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....