Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pinky pig gets caught in a wall. Nice slow saturday together.

Friday didn't work out as we planned,  we had Mokies kids and her extras for several hours and then we had Bug and Daughters kids the rest of the afternoon.  I was still recovering from my outing with extra coughing so it was a long day of kids in the house.  They all had fun and played in and out of the house.  All we gone home about 430ish so the evening was nice and quiet.

We decided to have our day of being together on Saturday but as Poppie was here is was just not the same, nice but not the same.  The girls worked on cleaning their room, they had extra to do with the kids having visited.  We went shopping in the late morning, had to pick up some items to tide us over until we go to Zootown on Thursday, ortho and shopping day.  Poppie walked over to the post office and then joined us in the store.  I saw Little Sister there, she was here for a party for her sister in law, her birthday.  Had a nice short visit.  I got to give Teacher, my brother Silvers wife a hug encase I don't see her again,  they will soon be moving to Oregon soon, and it was her last day at the store working.  I hope they like where they are moving, they are soon to have two new grandkids, one locally so it will be sad they don't get to see the babies as close, but last time her daughter in law almost never let her hold the baby when he was little so it may not make a difference, maybe just maybe this way she will get to hold the baby when she sees it, which would be nice. 

We came home and Poppie and the kids were doing the chores, I put away the groceries and was just starting to work on a pair of Upluks when Yogie came in "Dad need your help it is an emergency"  I got dressed in my boots and coat and went to see what he needed.  I knew it must be important as he didn't want me to get my cough worse.  I got out there and the piglets had dug a hole under the side of the little log cabin, that is their pen, and where under the wall lay Pinky Pig,  She was crying and making a fuse but couldn't get out from under the wall.  She was not hurt the wall had only settled down on her enough so that she couldn't get back out.  I tried to clean some dirt out of her face and Poppie came over with the pry bar.  He stuck the pry bar under the end of the wall and pushed up but couldn't move it enough,  I got up and helped him pry, it came up just enough more that the little pig knew she could move.  She started to wiggle and flail and in no time she was out from under the wall.  She ran straight over to the pig feeder and went to eating like we had inconvenienced her lunch.  No thanks given, and none taken.  Booboo and I filled up the hole with rocks that Poppie broke loose from the ice with the splitting maul.  Since I was outside in the weather anyway, Poppie let me help do chores.  He chopped the ice out of the pig waterer and I hauled 15 gallons of water for them.  Petted all the animals and soon we went into the house for lunch.  Booboo and I made cookies, Yogie helped and opted to make her baking project today so we would have another day together.  I love nice slow Saturdays and my family..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....