Friday, February 3, 2012

Poppie took us ladies out to dinner, Ladies day today love first fridays.

Poppie treated us to dinner out, we had not been out to dinner for a long time, probably hadn't been out in nearly a year.  It was a nice treat, saw some old friends but as we went early it was just a nice time together. Yogie had macaroni and cheese it has always amazed me that with so many options she most often chooses mac and cheese.  Maybe it is a treat we rarely have it a home.  She always has jelly on her garlic toast which makes no sense at all to me. Booboo had pizza, my toast, and part of my stir fry.  The special was stir fry but it was huge so shared mine with her.  We had cobbler at home but as Poppie has a habit of putting salt into measuring cups and Yogie and I thought it was sugar the cake wasn't edible, they ended up eating the fruit off the bottom.  Blueberries and peaches were to good to waste. 

Today is the first Friday of the month so the ladies will be home with me today.  Yogie is still sick and my going out of the house has set my coughing back, it was so close to it being gone.  We will endure and go on, we hope to do something fun, we have lots of chores to catch up on we were without energy so did minimal chores, but together we should catch up this morning and maybe they will treat me to one of their plays.  They go into their room write dialog and then come out and spring their plays on me, We were treated to one last night, it was crazy but they were doing something lovingly together so that was cool.  Three days together is always a treat, especially when they are in best friend mode. 

We may practice our knitting as the girls are both doing well with it.  They are both getting good enough that I am going to teach them to purl soon.  I am proud of the progress they are making.  I sometimes think the most important time that the Lord can give you is just that time.  Time with no strings or obligations, time to do nothing of any account, time that is quiet and not demanding, time for listening, patience and love.  Thank you Lord for a day of time, it has value beyond compare, to some it will be time wasted, but in the scheme of a little girls life it will be priceless, as bonds made in childhood are lifetime treasures, something we share with our own children and grandchildren as something that could not be bought, traded and quite often the best times were stolen moments, when we should really have done something else more important but instead we took time to just be.... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....