Saturday, February 25, 2012

Spring Fling today, come on out if you want to enjoy the fun.

Today is the Spring Fling,  the girls made their foccacia's and pie to donate.  We had a great conversation about donating and give time to the causes that you hold dear in you life.  They understand the cause of a Library, in that they understand getting to participate in the events that the Library sponsors or puts on for the benefit of the children in our area.  They were excited that their baked offering will contribute to the outcome of the fundraising.  We had a nice baking time.  Yogie made the dough, sliced the apple, mixed the filling, rolled the dough, prettied the top and fluted the edges.  Booboo peeled most of the apples to help, she oiled her pans, kneaded onions, cheese, herbs in to her dough and shaped it into the pie pans to make the little foccacias.  I had made the dough earlier in the day so that it was nice and raise when they got home or they would have been up all night making it.

I am behind, have alot of stuff done but nothing is packed or ready to go. I have to pack up soap, upcycled items and just see what happens.  I had kids all day so didn't get alot of time to do it yesterday,  Bubbie actually laid under my arm and slept while I finished up 4 four of the 6 covers I have to have done by Monday.  I am convoing with another lady that wants some of my longies so should have an order for them early in the week.  I really have to make lots of new listings on Monday, I will have time then and am getting enough traffic to make the effort worth the doing.  I am glad I am getting lots of interest on my Etsy store.  That is really great, it took me awhile to get steady clients on Ebay so now that it is starting to happen on Etsy that is great, and gives me incentive to work harder at listing and making the upcycled items, I do really like to make them, makes me feel good to be green.  Well coffee to drink, and I have to get off my bum and get it in order or I won't make the Spring Fling and it should be so much fun, I would hate to miss it. ...... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....