Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Our foster kid called and talked to Poppie, Pansy is hanging on. Life goes on.

Years ago a young man, in his teens, asked us to be his foster parents, he didn't know us well when he asked but we said yes and it shocked him more that we took him in than had we said no.  He was with us a while, and then due to troubles with the law he spent sometime in Miles City.  We hear from him once in awhile, but when he was a young adult we saw him alot.  He is and will always be one of our kids in our hearts.  He had good things to say to  Poppie, he says if we had had him when we was younger he may have been president.  It was nice for Poppie to hear such a nice endorsement of the time he spent with us.  I think it was soul cleansing for Poppie to know he had made a difference in his life.

Mokie was prepared for her dear goat to die, but Pansy is managing to hang on and is up and walking, for a goat that is a milestone. She may make it through and surprise us in the end.  She is heavily pregnant so maybe she will make it long enough to have her baby or babies, and maybe with God's will she will add time to her own life.  I pray God makes it the least painful for her in the long run.

I am finishing up my first pair of Upluks with upcycled soles we will see how the finished product comes out. No kids today which will be nice, busy day with all five of the kids, all five and under.  I spent
 time with Bubbie, she is smiling the cutest smiles now.  She is the happiest little thing, even having been sick she is a trooper.  Poppie dug out the baby swing, the batteries were dead but if I pushed it every once in a while it was just fine.  She liked it.  Curious was having an off day, wouldn't eat and even though her mom is having success with her potty training she just screamed at  me when I asked her if she wanted to go so I put her in a diaper and let her have her tantrum.  She has some mental problems that they are  trying to diagnose, and they are working with a therapist with her.  She is usually a happy little girl, but every once is a while something sets her off and she screams, she is not very verbal otherwise.  Cartoons bounced about and he, Boy and Second went out and played.  Second would fall on the ice, cry all the way to the house to tell me, then happily want to go out again, this happen three times.  She just wanted to have me acknowledge she had fallen she wasn't ever hurt.  I helped two friends do their taxes, so it was a long busy day.  Kids, friends and baby.... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....