Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Hummus, organic blue corn spelt crispy crackers..... and it's been a busy Tuesday, so it a normal Tuesday.

I canned garbanzo beans yesterday so today I used one of the jars, to make hummus.  I had canned them with the foreknowledge that I was going to make hummus so I had to only add olive oil and peanut butter to the hummus.  Okay, I am poor so I never have even owned a jar of Tahini paste, so I use peanut butter, the no sugar natural kind.  I was out of garlic or would have added it as well.  It turned out great.  I made organic gluten free blue corn spelt kefir crackers too.  I made up the dough yesterday so I could let it set 12 to 24 hours as a wet flour mix, you know it really does help we humans to be able to digest and get the good stuff out of the wheat and other whole grains.


Spicy Blue Corn Crackers

1/2 cup of milk kefir
3 TBs olive oil
1 cup of organic blue corn meal
1/2 cup of spelt flour
3/4 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of baking soda
1/8 tsp of cayenne
1/2 tsp of chili powder
1tsp garlic powder

Combine kefir and oil, thoroughly mix the dry ingredients together, add to the kefir mixture. knead into a ball, wrap in plastic and let set 12 to 24 hours, I went 18.  Divide dough into 4 equal parts.  Using a pizza stone or baking stone, or you can use parchment paper, sprinkle a little flour out and roll the dough as thin as you can without tearing it, I MEAN VERY,VERY, VERY thin, cut into 1 1/2 squares or crazy fun shapes if you like, poke whole in them with a fork, sprinkle with salt and Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until golden brown.  Watch very carefully they will  burn in a very short time.  Cool and eat with humus or favorite dip.  A Winner, winner chicken dinner.


I finished these up first thing and then off to Belles for Bible study, I manage to get there late and she had company from her new baby grands arrival so we just talked and eat blue chips and humus.  Her kid liked them.  I got home just in time to pick up more chips and humus to take to CAKLS.  I got to teach a new lady, to our group, but and old friend to one and all, to make sassy scarfs, second week in a row.  I went to the store on the way home, talked to a CAKLER that needs help so will be there next week.  I got confirmation of a couple more people wanting to take the soap class.  Busy day all around.  I am just getting to you it took so long.  It was a nice day and I am truly blessed to have all the friends that fill my Tuesdays.  I think it is always busy but it is always nice to spend time with people I love, and for the most part I love all of my friends.  Tuesdays the next best day to Sundays, of course a day with the Lord is always first.

I pray for your salvation, and I never say that as just something to say.  Can you imagine getting to go to heaven and knowing that there, where time is no more and we have eternity to meet and get to know people how wondrous that will be?  I know that you and I will have time to meet and know of one another, well that is if you have settled up your salvation with the Lord, as I have.  He loves you so and awaits your acceptance of his free gift of grace, his gift of salvation freely given to all who will accept it...tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....