Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tuesdays, still the busy day in my life and I can't think how I can do all the shouldas, wouldas, and couldas.....

Well today I think on all the shouldas I coulda do today.  I have Bible study this morning, that I am really looking forward to today.  I should go to CAKLs if I am home from Bible study, I have two ladies in piano from 4 to 5 so neeed to get them there and home, and I should go to Tuesday night Church but don't always get there.  Oh, this is not out of the ordinary this is Tuesday.  It does not include I have a house to clean, candles to label, and any one of a hundred things that need doing.  Sometime Tuesdays are just overwhelming.   What are you going to do, the best you can in the end I guess.

I made my first candles yesterday.  I was so excited to make them, first of all because they were interesting and fun.  Secondly when someone buys soap inevitable people looking for candles and always ask if I make them, seems candles go hand in hand with soap, maybe it is spa thing?  Maybe it is a homemade thing?  Which ever I am well and truly pulled into making candles.  I decide at first that beeswax would be my candles of choice.  I am not in to paraffin as I am not into anything petroleum based as any one who knows me knows.  I don't think much more of soy as it is such a chemically polluted vegetable so again not something I want to be associated with.  I know I can't live totally with out chemicals and petroleum but I can do the best I can not to have it in my body, okay getting down off the soap (see I even preach soap) box and climbing down, for now.  I digressed.

I got all my beeswax from Flower Child, at her wonderful, Sense of Balance, she has the best spices, teas, herbs, oils and of course beeswax.  I had to filter it because she had raw beeswax but then that makes it all the more natural.  I was only going to make plain beeswax candles but Mokie whined, and whined, for me to make scented one.  I thought on it a long time and decided to make all the plain ones all beeswax candles.  The scented one will be beeswax blend candles, I think that will help to incorporated the fragrance and essential oils better. I ended up make 18 candles yesterday.  I love mason jars so they are to be my votive of choice.  I made 4 ounces one and 8 ounces one, I used the tiny 1/4 pints, the squatty wide mouth half pints, and some vintage 8 ounce jellies, and one redneck wine glass, I think there is a nice variety and all hold true to my love of mason jars.  Mokie is going to be making goat milk honey shea butter lotion as a subsidiary line to Udderly Natural (my product line) and all I asked that she do is stay true to the mason jars so there is a consistency in our products. I have to get some logo tags to use as labeling.  I like the thought of using a mason jar shrink wrap so it stays true to the canning feel.  Still figuring out the logos and branding.  It is after all the 21'st century though I am, and my products are, as old as they come in thought and feel.  We are doing jellies that work into the line motif well too.

I am off to start my Tuesday, wish me well on what I can accomplish.  I pray for you this day.  I pray that God has spoken to your soul and that you hear and answer to his call.  Your salvation depends upon it and that is your eternal life... tomorrow.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....