Saturday, March 15, 2014

I am the queen of many useless things, and I have broke my first blender, I didn't actually think they were breakable??

I must say that I hold the Queenly title of many things in my small world, Queen of Ebay, Etsy, knowing a lot of useless trivia, knowing how to do a lot of things, having most anything horded away that I will gladly share it with you, and the list goes on.  Yesterday I ordered fragrance oils, a blender, stick blenders, parts blenders. I received my box of 250 gift bags, I got for 24 cents each and didn't have to pay 32 cent each, which to me is exciting but of no consequence to most people.  I found a new collar for my blender......

Okay so I am also the queen of ruining perfectly good stick blenders.  I love love love to make soap and I like it to take as minim time as possible.  Stick blenders are wondrous to accomplish this.  You can make a big batch and they work super.  If you use a regular blend you can only make what fits in the jar, after all, but alas, stick blenders have a little motor that overheats, well it wouldn't if you had a drop of patience and use the tried and true method of blend 5 minute rest your stick blend and blend again, okay so I inevitably forget the rest your stick part and burn up my lovely stick blenders, after murdering three Poppie said I couldn't not have any more to destroy.  I decided to rewrite all my recipes to accommodate the jar of my blenders, I have three,  I was in heaven, well except for only being able to make a 2 pound batch and not a 6 pound batch but I digress.  I have not in three years killed any blenders, well until now.  Alas I did not burn up the motor but I committed a never never do mistake, I put the lye in the blend first, and it froze up and when It turned on the blend it was stuck good and fast in a solid lump, oh and the reason you never never do it is it can be dangerous, I was horrible and I paid for it.  The solid lump torqued my blender and broke my collar, the good news is I was able to finish that batch and several more before I noticed it was leaking and Poppie check it out for me and found the cracks. I never really thought I could break one, and I don't think I could break one of my older ones but it was my new one...  I am lost with out my blender, I also can not find my two other motors because they are put up somewhere where I won't forget where they are...... *sigh*  I have to have blenders or stick blenders for my classes, so yesterday I ordered one new blender, the Women in timber didn't have any, they are going to save them for me if they get any but don't now have any. Goodwill has some but I am not going there this week, Mokie is next week so will check then.  I figured it would cost me 40 to drive in plus the blender cost so I ordered one blender and two stick blenders free shipping that will be here next week.  I also found a seller on Ebay that has my collar and jar for my blender and ordered it.  A soap maker can, after all never have to many blenders, and stick blenders, if I can control myself, oh, and they are wonderfully of use in canning as well, my other passion.

I also ordered fragrance oils for soap making, lotion making and my soap making classes,  a lovely lady is getting out of the soap making business and had some great options, and was giving good shipping costs.  I got lots of fun smells..... Done bragging about my queenly cheapness and ability to ferret out a good deal...

Booboo and I are making pies and chili for potluck tomorrow, today, so some fun girl time together maybe we can convince Yogie to have fun with us.  I pray for your soul, your life and your joy in Christ Jesus, there is no other joy on earth more important for your eternal life... tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....