Sunday, August 14, 2011

Bachmann, interesting week, Picinic Sunday a lifetime of memories.

Michele Bachmann was in the news all week, beginning with her scary eyes on Newsweek, did they really not notice the photos was way out there, maybe that was their statement and intent, but it was wrong.  She was a lady about it.  I am not a Teaparty Republican but find her an interesting person.  She won the Iowa straw poll today, a wake up call for democrats and the republican I would think.  I don't think she can win the general election with her, hard line right wing republican ideals, but she will be interest to watch and see how she proceeds.  I do find one of the most interesting things she came up against this week was the question she got about her submission to her husband.  I think the questioner was trying to catcher her up in his question.  I found her answer wonderful and quite on point.  She stated the submission to her husband, as God ordained, was to respect her husband.  I was actually proud of her, she up held her beliefs and was exactly right in her answer to what God is asking when we are called to be submissive.  Submission is not about taking power from someone or making them into a servant it is about respect.  I am submissive to my husband, as the Lord asks me to be, I respect him every minute of every day.  (Ester 1:20) and (1 Peter 3:1).  (Ephesians 5:22) I love my husband and submit to my husband, as fitting in the Lord; I praise him, I respect him, I love him and I honor him.  The Lord treats me as my husband would, he doesn't beat me, he doesn't belittle me, he doesn't make me a slave, he loves me and treats me as his beloved.  I think so many people miss the point of submission to a spouse, I am sure the questioner didn't expect Michele's answer and probably didn't know the truth of the question he ask.  Kudos to her for her answer.

The pump is in and we have water, brown muddy water part of the time, still rinsing out the well so to speak, but great pressure.  Poppie is weeding the garden this morning, and I am carving.  The girls went to Bugs and Daughters for the night, we are going to pick them up and go on a picnic this afternoon.  Daughter thinks we should enjoy the day without them but I am not in place, and almost never have been, where I don't want to share time with my kids.  We had grand kids all week and today is our day with our girls.  I learned a long time ago childhood is so short, that I unlike alot of parents, I don't aspire to the need to "get away" from them, I actually find no true joy or need for "date night".  My children one and all are one of the most precious joys of my life.  I will have a lifetime of alone time and "date nights"  with my dear husband when they are grown but only one childhood with each of my children.  They will grow and have lives of their own to enjoy, they will never be children again and I don't want to miss a minute of what I can share with them during their childhood.  We are going on a picnic together as a family, and the memories will sustain me, when they have gone on to families of their own. Poppie and I will have all the time alone we will ever need then....... when no little hand is there to hold mine, Poppie will lovingly pat mine and hold it as we walk along are path together.... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....