Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sister's procedure was not as successfull as hoped, Shampoo to make.

Sister had her surgery or procedure on Friday, and it did not have the great effect that the original one had had for her.  Brother said she was better than before the surgery but it was not the total reformation of her life that it had been before.  She is back to better than she had been which in it's self is a blessing.  A blessing none the less is a blessing.  I have always been a half full person.  I am of the developing belief that that is what blessings are all about.  I try to see all things as positively as I can, it isn't something I do consciously it just is.  I have found that that, in me at least, is the acknowledgement of God's blessings.  I don't mean to say I take all his blessing for granted but I acknowledge them or accept them with easy of spirit.  I don't question that they are I just accept that they are from God on a constant bases.  My hubbie is a half empty sort of person, he has to be made to see the blessings from God.  He doesn't see them for what they are without them being pointed out to him.  Is that the difference between being half empty or half full.  I would say the more I see that God's blessings are the point of emptiness or not, the fuller my cup is, you know it is over flowing more and more in my life. I am not saying that a person looking in from the outside would see me as being as blessed as I do, but I see myself as truly blessed and that is all the matters in the end, isn't it?

I am going to try to make shampoo today, I totally need it, as I am out, well of the ones to sell anyway.  I am still sore from the sunburn but the salve is working and I burned up my stick blender so I am going to have to stir it by hand. It  takes less than five minutes with the stick blend to make trace, the first stage in shampoo,  but by hand it may take an hour of stirring.  I should have great biceps when I get done.  I could make it in the kitchen aide, still slower than the stick blender.  The regular blenders are too small.  I will figure it out one way or the other, got to have more.  I am going to make some toothpaste from it when it is done.  I have to have unscented liquid soap to make one of the recipes I have.  Don't seem shocked, does you toothpaste bubble when you brush, if so, it has soap in it.  I am making several formulas with and without soap so will see which we like best. Do you want to be a tester? I have soap testers, laundry testers, deodorant testers, shampoo testers and  liquid hand soap testers. I don't want to go on my opinion alone, I am a half or full person so my opinion alone could be biased.   I am going to make lotion soon. I have a world of plans going on in my head at any given time.  Have you meant me, if so you know I am a little nuts, and driven....

The kids are going to watch more of Anne of Green Gables this morning, while I make soap, I hope they all like it, the grand kids will join in.  I just loved it, it brought back so many memories of when Goofy and Mokie were little girls and we watched it for the first time..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....