Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Poppie is trying to get help from a cougar hunter, New adventures to come.

Poppie worked for his friend a little longer yesterday than usual, still didn't get all the work needed done. I think Poppie is really enjoying his time away from Nannie and the kids, girls and grand kids. He is truly enjoying the solitude of using the Kubota for hours of manure moving.  He enjoys getting to interact with his friend Professor.  He gets to feel like he has a job, which he misses, but the toll of the machine will eventually hurt him, especial if he does it more than a couple hours a day.  Yesterday was pushing his pain threshold, I am sure, even if he won't say so, he wants to go back and knows I watch him so he won't over do it,

Poppie got ahold of the Game Warden, who has still not come to our house, Poppie updated him about the cougars in our yard and asked him if the local hunter, Levi, could help us out catching them.  The game warden asked that we give his cell number to Levi.  Poppie spoke to Levi and he is going to come check out the cougar trails and situation then call the game warden.  He treed a cougar last year for a family that lost a goat, but they just took pictures of it and let it go, I just don't get that?  I hope he can help us get them, they are too brave for the safety of children.  It is not like we live next to the national forest.  We actually live quite aways from the National Forest, there is considerable private land between us and the national forest.  We have lived here 30 plus years so it is not like we just arrived in to their territory.  In the late nineties I lost two pekingese dogs to a cougar, 8 other dogs were killed that year in the area.  Between us and our neighbors 20 goats have been killed in the last two full years, we know the danger exists but the number is now to high and in 2000 a 2 year old was killed by a cougar about 70 miles from here.  I hope it doesn't get to that, Levi wants to prevent that, somehow I find that both odd and part of living in a small town.  The paid ranger isn't really interested in helping, the concerned member of the community steps forward and wants to help.  I do love living in a small town where problems are shared, gossip and the telling of your tale brings help from the community.

The girls are going to a swimming birthday party later, they will have lots of fun.  We are thinking that since we can't take Yogie camping that maybe we will take them on their first rafting/tubing trip down the river.  They are excited at the prospect of a new adventure.  I have to get arrangements for the outing planned for Sunday. 

I am getting wonderful feedback on my shampoos, orders for more, orders for laundry soap.  Made new kinds of soap yesterday.  I also made my first batch of non-petroleum jelly,  I am not really thinking of making salves, or balms.  I am interested in baby products or goat milk lotions.  I am on an adventure of my own, can't wait to see where it takes me..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....