Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Caesar will be dating soon, Lilly is naughty and allowing our worries to be in God's hands.

Caesar has not allowed Poppie to put him in the horse trailer for about a week, he has had enough of it.  He is not really aggressive about it, like a dairy goat would be, but he is sort of pouty and let's Poppie know he doesn't like being locked up.  Poppie has let him stay on his rope near to the house.  He seems to be ok but it make us very nervous, he is our beloved goat and he is the only buck we have left and it is nearing breeding season. He is fully aware of it and so maybe why he is not allowing himself to be enclosed.  Lilly, the naughty, will not stay in the doe pen.  She merrily jumps over the fence and then picks and chooses where she will eat during the day.  Sometimes she eats in the garden and has eaten the green beans, what is left of the lettuce and some of the beet tops.  She sometimes wanders over to Mokie's and visits with the goats there, some time she eats in the lawn and mostly she teases Caesar and then runs away when he shows to much interest.  We are definitely buying cattle panels to reinforce the pens in the spring.  The other goats do not get out unless they damage the fence.  They are mostly boar, so can't jump, and the young one that will be able to jump hasn't showed much interest in getting out.  Lilly was born on a big farm and was nearly wild when we got her so she has always been a free spirit, she runs free then comes home and puts herself back in the pen.  I think that is why Poppie likes her best, she is independent, he likes that I think, why else would he put up with me.....

I have prayed more than normal this week, and it came to me in the middle of the night, I think God spoke to me and made me listen, after numerous nights of no sleep.  I have to give my worries to the Lord and once given remember to let them be with the Lord.  I find that one of the hardest things to do in my life.  I am a fixer and a mediator by nature.  I guess I am a mother.  I do have to remember that when I ask the Lord for something I have to let him fix it and give him the time to do it.  So today I practice letting the Lord have my worries and if it be his will fix my problems that go with the worries.  I can't fix them, and I should stop trying, the Lord does answer prays I just have to have faith in him and accept his answer... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....