Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Girlie day in Zootown. The ladies are going shopping. Poppie is going to have grand kids.

Today is our Girls day out.  We are going to take some of the girls earning from the Farmer's Market and go shopping.  They are both excited, got their purses ready and their pocketbooks full of money to spend.  I have to bought them shoes and will pick up necessities, and they get to buy their own jean, pants, skirts, dresses, and fro fra.  I will be in the company of opinionated fashinionistas.  They are both empowered in their opinions of what they want. I am so proud.  This is going to be the first really year that most of what they buy will not be able to be worn by both or them, they will still have some ability to share but less and less so.  Booboo is about 12 lbs bigger and about 2 to 3 inches taller now.  Her shoes are almost 2 sizes bigger.  She caught up to her sister by 2 and they stayed the same size for about 4 years but the days when Yogie will ever be near her sisters size again have come and gone.  Booboo is 95 percentile for her age, and Yogie barely holds on to 50 percentile, and that is slipping.

I think they have plans to go to a burger place, I am all for going to the Chinese and they usually like to so we will see how that turns out.  I know we have to go to the earring and accessories store, I am told it is a must.  I do feel a little out of my element when shopping with my girls.  The older girls were not girlie like they are, it was so much easier to shop with them.  I am told in hindsight that I didn't get it right back then either, but I tried and try to so, I think that is part of being a good mom.  I know I do not come up to snuff all the time but the ability to try is half the battle I would suppose. I do try and understand what the kids are doing in their fashions now even if there is no way this old mind can truly "understand" it. 

Poppie will have the grand kids, Bug and Daughters.  Mokie, Son, Boy and Cubbie are off to Zootown as well.  Mokie will be fitted for her dentures, her chrons has totally ruined her top teeth, she will be getting her teeth fixed, dentures on top, a bridge on the bottom and all done before her third trimester.  I am so happy for her.  It will give Son the incentive to have his fixed, maybe next income tax time.  They will then be going to her doctor appointment for her 3d sonogram, and maybe they will find out what the baby is to be.  I think she needs a girlie girl to balance out Cubbie, but Son wants a boy.  We will see, God will send them what they need to complete, maybe, their family.  They have always wanted 4, but with the chrons, and she having to have c-sections, they may be done.

I have ladies to awaken, and the whirlwind day will begin.  My coffee is hot and the news it telling us of the days past...... tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you guys have a great time! And remember you are not supposed to understand what they want....its the goal of young ladies to be different then their moms. Tammy taught me that...it was nice though when she took her little sister shopping and bought her the "cool" stuff I always thought was impractical. Big sisters are cool....mom isn't always.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....