Thursday, August 18, 2011

The ladies and I had a great day of shopping and bonding. Nice to get away.

Due to my sincere upset at the statistics about sexual assault I had to vent this morning and did not get to tell you about our wonderful girls day out.  We had a great time. The girls got to pick and choose their own clothes, with a little guidance from mom.  The got to proudly pay with their hard earned money for their purchases.  The pride in their faces was priceless as they handed their money to the different clerks.  We were blessed with patient clerks that caringly counted the money out to them even if they had lines of waiting customers.  I was so thankful for their kindnesses, it made the girls trip a memory of pleasure that wasn't foreshaded with meanness. They each came home with change in their pockets, I am proud that they felt no need to spend it all,  they have seed moneys in the money jar.  They did go for the Chinese and we got to enjoy each others company while tasting new unknown foods, EI, dumplings like Nihao Kai Lan.  They both assured me that their favorite part of the day was spending time with me and each other, I am so proud of them I can't say how much.  Twin told me that older sisters got to help her daughter make choices that were better than hers in her daughter eyes.  Well  I may not be any better in my daughters eyes than my dear friend to her daughter, but I do know that they like my choices better than Mokie's, maybe they are to close in age and I am so far out that I am back in style for the moment anyway.  We had a marvelous day and memories of the day they got to spend what they worked so hard to make, they valued their money in ways other children their ages rarely get to do,  I think that, along with the company was priceless...... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....