Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Yogie is stressed and unsettled, Booboo is being the strong sister she is.

Yogie has been stressed for the last week, I don't know if it is due to the goings on in our extended family or just adjustment to a new year in school.  It maybe a combination of both.  She is irritable, snappy and aggressive, which is different for her.  She is standing up for herself but sometimes in inappropriate ways.  She varies from being her lovable self and a hair trigger.  I have tried talking to her, comforting her, explaining what she is able to understand but nothing seems to be working in the long term.  I see moments when she seems to open up and it seems to get better then it is back to square one.  Last night I lost it with her and I know that doesn't help her.  I see the stress in our family growing and have no idea how to make it go away.  September is always hard for us, hay time, wood time, school time, and lots of changes to our routines but the added complications has burdened us in ways we are struggling with to over come.  Booboo is being supportive of her sister and comforting her so she is a big help. She woke up with a sore throat this morning but no fever so, to her chagrin, I am not letting her stay home from school.

I have applesauce to make this morning, Poppie is going to his friends to work, it will help him to get away for the morning, he spent the afternoon yesterday making a feeder for their baby goats.  He is installing it and doing whatever else they need doing, I think he needs the escape.  I have to carve this afternoon, have an order for bears, a red tail hawk, I also have eagle and bear handles to get done to list on ebay.  I am trying to get my display made to display soap in the local flower shop.  I am behind on that at well. I have an offer to pick more apples hope to get to that in the middle of all this.  I also have an offer to can half the peaches on a friends tree, I get to keep the rest of the peaches, I will make jelly and pie filling out of them.  I think I am just praying the most now for normal, boring and comforting especially for my two little girls, and my grand kids.  The rest of us should have couping skills but we are human and fall short so the Lord takes us in his arms and loves us...... tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I don't really see a way that the extended family troubles would not be affecting your girls right now. I think mostly as long as they are feeling safe and secure themselves is going to help the most. Lots of hugs and kisses, and assurance that they themselves are okay... and letting them know it is beyond their control... and not something that they can fix... or change in any way... as you pointed out... it is in God's hands.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....