Friday, August 19, 2011

Boy tells me a hopper, upcycled skirts and chicken pot pie, oh my!

We started the morning yesterday by making up more upcycled skirts.  The girls both put in orders for more skirts from their jeans that no longer fit.  They got to pick and choose their materials to add to their skirts.  They chose woven wool plaids, some plan felted wool.  One of our creations was a denim dress that was too short, but not to small for tiny miss Yogie, we had a second exact dress that had been one of the triplets hand me downs.  Together we decided to cut off the ruffle and then add the second skirt to the bottom.  She ended up with the cutest four pocket fitted skirt. She got the added bonus of a little jacket, the top of the second dress, as a layering item to another outfit.  Booboo got monkey skirts, with plaids, jeans and woolens. 

Yogie helped me bake her first "chicken pot pie",  she was utterly shocked that anyone would eat a pie that had meat in it.  Needless to say we have obviously never bought the Swanson's pie so she had no idea why anyone would make a meat pie.  Poppie is not fond of them and doesn't like stews but we made her first one.  We started with sauteing onions, green beans, broccoli, carrots, from our garden, added celery, potatoes, thickened broth and a grating of fresh lemon peel.  Yogie mixed up the pie crust and we rolled it out, added our filling.  She made a truly nice "meat" pie, best and flakiest crust she has made to date.  Poppie even ate it and liked it, can't say he was in love with it but he liked it so that was good enough.

We had the grand kids so the feet of seven children running around the house and yard added to the excitement.  M and Boy had to sit on the porch, Eldest and Boy had to sit on the porch, M and Boy had to sit on the porch.  Boy actually didn't sit on the porch like he was supposed to so was on Nannie's short list.  His dad got full details of his short comings at lunch time and told him he would talk with him when he got home.  The afternoon was progressing, pie making and kids running amok,  Daughter picked up her kids and the pace slowed.  I went to check my computer when Boy came running in upset that the girls had threw water on him. I was actually shocked that they would do that so took the disheartened like guy to find out what was going on.  Well the girls had no idea what he was talking about but did say that he had spit water all over himself and left the room.  I asked him what was going on and needless to say he, after some encouragement, admitted that he was telling one of his lies.  I told him to go to the corner and I was going to tell his parents that he was lying to Nannie, again.  I have never had a child make up suck a hopper with props and all.  I didn't get to talk to his dad last night but his mom is definitely going to get an earful this morning.  I am frustrated with his lying to me and saying I lie about him.  I sometimes wish to be the Nannie that never gets to see her grand kids, but once or twice a year and it is a neat little visit, and then I wake up and am glad to be such a vital part of their young lives, warts and all...... tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Debbie! Don't ever wish to only see your grandkids a couple of times a year. It's miserable! But I understand your frustration, too. I'm sure it's part of God's plan to have you help fix the 'warts', so keep trying! And enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, I truly nevvvver mean it but there are moments when I just want to say go home Nannie needs a moment, and then go to let them in anyway, but they have already crawled on my lap and hugged me. Nannie..

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....