Friday, August 5, 2011

Cougars still rule our lives, but life is for living so trying to figure out how to continue.

Shinny, called over last evening and he lost all three of his goats.  He feed them yesterday morning at 3, before he went to work.  He called us around 5 in the evening to let us know.  The bigger one, who was Poppie's little Elffie at one time, she was eaten on, the other two Latte and Jaz, like previous ones were killed and left to lay.  Their goat pen is approximately one hundred yards from my doe's pen,  Still to close for comfort.  He was going to call Levi, and the Game Warden,  I haven't heard what he found out or if they made a plan to get on the trail of the Lions.  I do know that I let Yogie walk by there yesterday morning around 8:30 ish when she went to take care of her Aunt Sister. I just can't say enough times how terrifying it is that my kids and grandkids live and have to actually be outside some times, you can only lock a child up so much of the time.  We are effectively in prison, does that make any sense to anyone....

Sister has her surgery today,  I hope all goes well and she has as much results as last time but that this time it will be a permanent fix.  She deserves to life a peaceful existence with out all the passing out and falling.  She will hopefully get to have a new more effervescent life. 

We are going to be baking this morning.  Poppie is going to go install the feeder he made for Professor.  It should feed the goats and keep them from waisting so much hay on the ground. He does so like his time away, almost as much as feeling good about "working".  He had over done it so has been home making a feeder for the last two day.  He still doesn't know that I, may know him better than he knows himself, when it comes to pushing beyond his limits.  He is so like a kid in a candy shop when it comes to working, at home or away from the house.  How do you keep a whirlwind in tow, well let me tell you it ain't easy and it has been years of work on many levels.

Today my ladies and I will have some girl together time.  I don't think I have grandkids but as two of the moms may be planning trips to Zootown may just have. We have decided to go to the Bison range tomorrow as part of Yogie's birthday, we have gone twice in the last two years but always managed to go there on days when half of it is closed so we will see if we actually get to go threw the whole thing.  I also have to pick up coconut oil so will stop in at the Amish store near there for that.  It should be a great day, oh and the Parade in the morning when my Ladies will be pigs on a float, and the farmers market.  I gotta remember my camera ...... tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. New Mamma shot the yearling this morning around 4:30 Shinny had seen the mother eating on the carcass at 3. One down and two to go, a blessing that there is one less stalking us.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....