Thursday, August 11, 2011

Shampoo base done, toothpaste and shea butter to make, Boy's birthday!!

I spent a good part of yesterday making up a 2 gallon batch of shampoo base. I had to stir it by hand for an hour and a half to get trace, yes I did order a new stick blender, the stirring gave me the push I needed to order it.  Did you know they can cost as much as 1500 dollars for a good one, no I didn't get to get one of those, I settled on one from a wholesale outlet, 25 shipped, but it does come apart of easy clean up, I am thinking Poppie can experiment with attaching a different motor to it when I burn it up, No, I am not making a plan to burn it up, but it will happen, soap is alot of work on a stick blender.  I am still melting the base in to liquid this morning. I will mix it into scents, no scents, toothpaste and whatever comes to mind now that I have a good batch of base.

I am going to try to make up a batch of Shea butter base and a couple of products from it too.  I so love the experimenting, I am not sure I ever thought of my self as a "professor" or "chemist", well I did win the science fair in eighth grade with my yeast experiments so maybe it was there all along.  I will have to get butter containers if it is a success but that will be fun too, choosing a pretty container will be fun.

Boy turns 5 today.  I am sure he will be excited all day,  we are going to have his party on Saturday.  He is so much a little version of his dad at this point.  He is a little afraid of things, don't know if that is hereditary or if he just takes cues from his dad's actions, his dad has anxiety disorder.  He whines alot don't know if that is part of it or just a stage.  He is also going through an angry stage.  He also is going through a lying stage.  I have been having talks with him.  He will eventually admit to telling them, then deny it.  I told on him yesterday morning.  He had choked his sister and I had disciplined him the day before.  I was telling his mother about it.  He yelled at me "Nannie, you lied" I was not happy but it was his Momma's place to discipline him.  She is not always consistent with it, she is working hard, pregnant and trying not to flare her chrons with stress so lets things go that maybe she shouldn't.  She went to work with out really addressing the problem.  She had been gone about 10 minutes when Boy choked his sister.  Nannie was not happy, I spanked him, talked to him about how bad that was, how he should not lie about it and put him in the corner to contemplate the error of his ways.  I saw his mom down town when I went to the store, where she works.  She was not happy with him and told me his dad would have a talk with him about this.  I think Boy may have a different attitude on choking his sister and lying to his Nannie this morning.  Now, we know part of why Cubbie is a little bear, she has to survive her brother.  Well, he is bigger but she runs circles around him with her little brain. Today, he should be on his best behavior with it being his birthday and a "good" talk from dad.

Today I pray for several of my friends, their health, their families health or just that they get the needs that God wants them to have fulfilled. It seems that time of year when extra prayers are needed, I know that is a daily thing to alot of people and can apply everyday of the year for someone, but today I know of people who need special prayers, in my life or my friends life, so I am just saying extra prayers of them.  Remember to pray for the loved ones in your life, even the ones you don't know need prayers sometime they are so proud they can't ask you for extra prayers,  I know I am blessed by the prayers of friends and stranger everyday.  God is so good to us and we  don't always know it.... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....