Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tooth aches, sunburned and kids locked up in the house, Poppie doing a happy dance.

Poppie is still enjoying getting to escape to help friends in Lozeau, he is now working on their barn.  He finished up the manure cleaning in the building, a new feeder and is now building a wall.  He did have to stay home a couple days last week due to pain and can only manage helping out there about 4 hours max.  He is as happy as a kid in a candy shop with chocolate all over his face.  He loves "working".  I am still getting used to him being going in the mornings.  I had kids and grand kids today, almost had Bugs and Daughters three but their aunt showed up and they didn't come.  I was sort of glad as my burn is still very bad and my wisdom tooth is in more pain than it ever has been.  I took a pain pill and it didn't hardly help.  It is not infected so that is a blessing.  Herbalist sent her medicated salve home with Poppie and it helped the sunburn a great deal.  The kids spent the day mainly in the house, I can't go out in the sun and I can't let them out alone.  They did get to eat on the deck as I could watch them there. The goats got out just before Poppie got home so they didn't get a chance to hurt his garden.  He let them stay out awhile after he got home. 

I got a big order on etsy for diaper covers.  I actually had 5 on hand but had to make up double thickness ones today. It was a nice diversion from my pains.  I really am excited about the diaper covers,  I also had another convo from a lady that may buy more so that is really exciting, as they are my first upcycled items I have sold on line.  Sold some at the MADE Fair and a few small pieces at the farmer's market.  I do know that networking and developing clients take time.  I have a following on eBay for my carved and art work,  so developing clientele on etsy and my blog are just a matter of time.  I am nothing if not patient.  I find the process more fun than the end result, in most things, so patience is just part of the fun.

The girls and I are going to watch Anne of Green Gables and record it from PBS tonight.  They so like Little House on the Prairie that I think they will adore this series as well. I will be excited to see how it goes.

I burned up my stick blender yesterday making laundry soap,  I have to get another one.  I do have to make shampoo between pains, I know whining.... I am trying to talk Poppie into making me a "paint stirrer" for stirring soap but so far he thinks I am nuts.  I will get it figured out and talk him into it eventually.  Off to the movies with the Ladies...... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....