Thursday, September 1, 2011

Going to coffee with Lady this morning, applesauce, carving and upcycling to do this afternoon.

Lady spent 10 days in Georgia with her sister who is fighting cancer, a little while back, and we haven't gotten a chance to chat about her adventures and special time with her sister.  We are going to sneak out and have coffee this morning before she has to work. She got to go to "the lady and sons", Andersonville prison and other fun places.  I would so love to travel for the history, I am not actually a good traveller as alien places kind of bring back the childhood fears in me, left over from being a wanderer as a child I guess.  I think I would love the historical places I could go but the getting there and back my be the hardest part for me.  I have never been on a plane and the reality is I will probably not do so in my next 44 years, you do know I am lasting to 94, so I may just but only time will tell. I will just have to enjoy her telling of the travels she takes.

I still have applesauce to get canned, finish carving, I didn't expect to have Cubbie and Boy so carving was hit and miss.  I have to make a couple of upcycled skirts for a friend of the girls that is having a birthday party on Saturday.  She loves the skirts we make so we asked her mom for a couple jeans that she no longer wears that the waist fits on.  Her mom dropped them off last night, I got them cut last night and ready to upcycle today.  The girls will be so proud to give them to her.

Yesterday when Poppie got home from his friends, he found Nemo in the goat shed.  He was gone, Poppie said it looked like he got in the wrong place at the wrong time and the head female slammed him against the wall. He looks to have died instantly.  He has always been sickly and small, he was one of my fiber goats.  Booboo was heart broken but she understands that death is a part of life, and defiantly part of the life cycle on a farm.  It is just sometimes so hard to understand when you are 7 going on 8. Poppie snipped off some of his hair before he buried him and what was left of Clover after the FWP officer took her out of their cage that the cougars laughed at.  She was a mummy when they took her out, just skin and bones, the hot summer had totally dried her out.  Poppie hadn't gotten time to bury her so got to lay her to rest with Nemo.  Chores are never ending and sometime not pleasant.  Yogie, Cubbie and Boy had an impromptu funeral, they cover the grave with rocks and said a prayer over the grave site.  Booboo was in the house with me doing homework, she couldn't participate.  Off to have coffee so I can wake up and go have coffee..... tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah... I know what you mean about the travel. I have always been the same way... would love to see the ocean... would hate the travel to get there... so probably never will. Sis

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....