Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Do Christian Apples have an easier time, are they compliant or complacent?

2 Timothy 3:14-15   But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.------ I can't say that I have a memory of not believing that the Lord Jesus was the son of God and that he died for my sins.  I was raised with that belief at the core of who I am.  I am not me with out that as my existence in life.  I after writing this morning about children being the apples that fell from their parents tree have contemplated this is regard to faith.  I have known alot of Christians in my life, probably more than atheist, agnostics or an other religions.   I have know Christians born into a christian lifestyle, like me, and I have know people who were brought to the Lord as adults and not born believing in the Lord.  I never thought about their being a difference in their perspective on their lives until today.  I am not sure there always is but I do know in hind sight that sometimes there is.

I say it again, I have never had a moment in my life that I didn't know that Jesus was the light of the world, the word and the son of God.  I have to think that all people who come to knowing the Lord as adults or teen have known life without believing that.  That would have to make their perspective on their Christian life different by that alone.  Did I not work as hard to become a Christian? Do I love the Lord differently? do they?  Did they have a moment of epiphany?  Does it matter?  Do I see the Lord with the same joy and reverence? Do I take the Lord more for granted like a member of the family? Do I worship his glory the same?  Do I fear the Lord?  I am amazed at the questions that concept has brought to my mind.  I think that I will explore the questions a bit and wonder about what my life would have been like to have been called to the Lord out of the darkness but in the end I am so glad to never have not known him and to know with out a doubt that he is alive, he arose the victor over death.  I didn't have to ever wonder at that simple truth it just always was.....

Matthew 20

The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard
1 “For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire workers for his vineyard. 2 He agreed to pay them a denarius[a] for the day and sent them into his vineyard.
3 “About nine in the morning he went out and saw others standing in the marketplace doing nothing. 4 He told them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard, and I will pay you whatever is right.’ 5 So they went.
“He went out again about noon and about three in the afternoon and did the same thing. 6 About five in the afternoon he went out and found still others standing around. He asked them, ‘Why have you been standing here all day long doing nothing?’
7 “‘Because no one has hired us,’ they answered.
“He said to them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard.’
8 “When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, ‘Call the workers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last ones hired and going on to the first.’
9 “The workers who were hired about five in the afternoon came and each received a denarius. 10 So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius. 11 When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. 12 ‘These who were hired last worked only one hour,’ they said, ‘and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.’
13 “But he answered one of them, ‘I am not being unfair to you, friend. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? 14 Take your pay and go. I want to give the one who was hired last the same as I gave you. 15 Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’
16 “So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”

  I think that God in his wisdom gave us this as the answer.  We all go to the Lord at death not because of any of our works but by the grace of God alone, no matter the time we sign on with God, the reward is always the same everlasting life with the Lord Our God because of his generosity,  and grace alone. I have been in bed today and have contemplated..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....