Saturday, September 10, 2011

Poppie has hay to finish stacking this morning, I am in bed, fever and sore throat.

Poppie has been working on unloading 102 bales of hay this week.  He does it a few at a time so he doesn't hurt himself it is a blessing that he has learned to do things in moderation.  I think he has 41 left to do.  It is cool this morning so he is starting right way to get it done before the sun gets hot. The girls have been helping him, they can slid them across the trailer, these bales are about 60 lbs, the ones we usually get at around 100 lbs so they are able to help with these ones. Poppie had a good laugh when the girls said to him, "Dad do these bales weigh 20 lbs...."

My leg is feeling better this morning but I have had a fever since yesterday.  I actually woke up with sweat in my ears, I hope my fever has broke and will go away but it has been coming and going in a cycle so we will see.  I have a sore throat and I think I am trying to get an ear infection.  I hope it goes away soon.  I hate to be sick don't have time for it. I was going to get to go to the farmers market with Lady as she needs to get some peppers but I can't find the energy to even get up. I hate when that happens.

An event I heard of this morning made me contemplate: I often find it totally amazing that you can have compassion for the people around you and allow them to commit even an illegal act on you and you forgive it.  Then a short time later the person that you gave compassion to is complaining about you for a simple thing when you showed them enormous compassion on a huge scales and they whine about a small thing.  I think it is like in Matthew 7:5. You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.  I find that the intolerance of some people is shocking and totally let's you see into the heart of the person.  It also tells me how to go forward in my relationship with this person and to be careful of the way I proceed with them and whether I want them in my life.  I also know that I will handle the illegal act differently next time, even though they don't think it is illegal they will find I will no longer over look their transgression but make the call I should have in the first place.  Compassion has it limits especially when none is given in return..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....