Saturday, September 10, 2011

I was anger today but not really at someone mostly at their meanness. Is it the same thing?

This morning I woke up to an email from the neighbor, it was one of those sappy sweet things rolled in meanness and gossip.  The email angered me it was an out right attack on my pregnant daughter. The neighbor could have politely spoke with Mokie on the subject and worked something out but instead of taking that tack she choice to gossip and tattle on my 26 year old daughter.  I have long since stopped making decision for my daughter.  She is the mother of two and soon to be a mother of three, I raised her to stand on her own and make her own decisions, she is an empowered woman. ( I am not a tea party republican, on any level, but I do belong to the momma grizzly club, you attack my daughter and your are going to get the grizzly.)  I should never have been talked to about this problem, one on one is always the best practice.  Later in the morning my daughter called me and the neighbor had finally called her and was upset that I hadn't talked to her and fixed it.  Again that is not my job and Mokie doesn't need me to fix her life.  She did tell the neighbor I was upset over the way she was handling this problem, she also told her I would need time to cool down before she pushed the issue with me.  The neighbor didn't take her advice, she came at me with both barrels and I told her the way I saw her actions of the summer.  I told her that she had been involved with an illegal act and we as a neighborhood had showed kindness in not reporting the problem but I would no longer give her the kindness as she was not capable of the kindness in the second situation which was not illegal.  She blocked me on facebook and called the cops.  While she was waiting for the cops to come she dug up dog poop and place it around her backyard as evidence of the problem.  Odd behavior for an innocent person, we all saw her do it.  The fences aren't but wire. The cop came and obviously found her call unfounded or uneventful as he drove by and never stopped at our house,  to bad I would have told him about her chicken and duck killing dog. Shortly after the cops came the neighbor went up to my sisters and continued to gossip about the situation that should never have been any ones problem but Mokies, and hers, especially not my sick sisters.  She didn't need the trouble and problems right now. 

I contemplated my anger all afternoon and thanks to, Lady Hero and Lady Jeweler, I was not anger at the neighbor.  She is not worth my anger and she doesn't have the right to control me with my own anger.  I am angry at the meanness, gossip and fake innocence that her mind as thought up.  I am happy as a clam to see her meanness out in the open and know that she is someone I should be very careful around as she doesn't treat people with kindness that isn't faked.  I actually heard her says once that she goes to church for the free babysitting I guess I should have taken more note of the statement at the time I heard it. I guess at the time I thought the Lord was just happy she was there what ever the reason, sad she hasn't been doing anything but enjoying someone else watching her kids.   I am not angry but am enlightened and will not fall victim to her tales again.... tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. One of God's great gifts to us is to trust others. Another great gift is that we become wiser when we trust the wrong people. Sorry you had to deal with this, but every lesson is a blessing in disguise. And it's good to exercise our "inner grizzly" once in a while! ~Lorna

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....