Sunday, September 11, 2011

I try to be humble in God's eyes. I fall short on a daily basis but I try anew each day, as God asks.

Luke 18:9-14; He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt: “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ ...  

I daily fall short of what God asks of me in my life. I know that to many I am a sinner with no hope for life in eternity with God.  I have never tithed and was not raised to believe that that is what God asks of us.  I was raised to give to God, as in Luke 21:1-4, 1 And he looked up, and saw the rich men that were casting their gifts into the treasury. 2 And he saw a certain poor widow casting in thither two mites. 3 And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, This poor widow cast in more than they all: 4 for all these did of their superfluity cast in unto the gifts; but she of her want did cast in all the living that she had.  You give from your heart what you can and have.  I don't go to church just to be there, I would love to go to a church that God calls me too, but at this point in my life God is not calling me to a specific church.  I can not quote the whole bible verse by verse.  I have read the whole bible but like many I struggle through Leviticus.  I have lied in my life, I have used the Lord's name in vain, I have mistreated others, I have sinned over and over again.  I however try to start ever day to be right with God and follow the path he has asked be to walk. I never try to put myself above others or imply that I am in anyway a better christian or more Godly than anyone.  I try to walk a humble life in the Lord.  Mark 10:25; It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”   I will never be in danger of being a rich man so this has never been one of my worries but to truly live a humble live, not just a poor live, is a daily struggle for me.  I often have to ask the Lord to give me strength to not put myself above others, I am better than no one. I should not think that I am better than a harlot, a homeless person or a criminal,  I know nothing about their lives and their relationship with God.  I am called not to judge least I be judged,  I believe to truly be humble that you should never judge the life of anyone.      

 Micah 6:8;  He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?    Today I begin again to ask the Lord for his strength to guide my life and heart that I may be a better person and a better christian.  I should especially today, of all days, think of others before myself.  Today we mark the 10 anniversary of 9/11. They all had a lifetime to live and make their peace with God, we like them are not given a moment more time than God alots us. I ask myself am I ready to meet the Lord, are you..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....