Friday, September 9, 2011

Mokie had 10 teeth pulled, Sister to have a treadmill test today.

Sister and I had a nice walk.  I walked down the hill and meant up with Sister at the bottom of the hill,  we walked around the rain forest 3 times. We call it the rain forest because when my little girls were 2 and 3 we would walk in the little grove of trees, they we big Dora fans at the time and the wood where Dora lived was a rain forest so they dubbed it the rain forest.  It has been the rain forest ever since.  The whole walk was between a mile and a mile and a half.  Good first walk.  My leg that was sore from the wood getting is really sore now.  I think I may have a blood clot in it so I got some aspirin.  I have had them off and on since I was 14, took blood thinner for a year but since then I am usually able to stave it off with aspirins if I get on it right away. Sister and I are not walking today she had to go to the Doctor and have a treadmill test. They are going to have her walk or run until she passes out to see what is going on with her heart. I hope they pin point the details of her problems this time.

Mokie and I went to Zootown around 11 yesterday got to the dentist about a half hour early so checked out the antiques mall.  There were three spinning wheels and a yarn winder that were cool there.  The cheapest one seemed to be the sturdiest but it had some parts missing, I am thinking that Poppie could fix it if I were to buy it but I have the plans for an electric one which I think we are going to make.  I am also, once I know how they work, going to brainstorm a way to turn an old treadle machine into one.  I have an old parts treadle that I think could be made in to one with a little thought processing. I digress.  I dropped Mokie off and went across town to a cereal sale.  I really scored on cereal but they also had the expensive cooked cereals and meals on sale and I got several of those so double score.  I went back across waited in the waiting room 45 minutes.  She came out in a lot of pain, they pulled 10 teeth.  She had fairly good teeth until she got chrons and it just destroyed her teeth.  She doesn't have insurance so wasn't able to have them fixed but since she is pregnant they are fixing them while she is on medicaid which is great for her.  She has 8 more teeth for have pulled and one filling.  They will then put in a top denture, and a bridge on her bottom,  the rest of her bottom teeth are pretty good yet. She will have her beautiful smile back when this is over.

Belle and Herbalist have invited me out on Monday for a ladies day out. I don't remember the last time I did that I am so glad to have friends that care about me and love me.  I really need the break from the problems that have been going on in my life lately.  Lady and I have gone to coffee a couple times which is wonderful as well and we need to keep doing it.  I am so blessed that I have Mokie, Sister, Lady, Belle, Herbalist, Shorts and the ladies from CAKLS; I can't say I have ever had as many friends as I have in my life now..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....