Thursday, September 1, 2011

We aren't assured tomorrow, so is your present what you want it to be?

Our lives are so like a clean crispy sheet of art paper, we awake in the morning and there it is.  It has not a blemish on it, no wrinkles, no smears, all clean and innocent.  Everyday is a new chance to begin anew.  We get this renewal every day.  We forget that this is the only day we are assured is ours, and sometimes not even the whole day, we actually only have the moment we are in for certain.  I have contemplated this this afternoon because of something the Lady said to me this morning at coffee.  We take our families for granted, we take our friends for granted, we take our lives for granted.  We will do it next week, we have a five year plan or we will get around to it someday.  When I left the sheriff's office, 6 and half years ago, I asked myself as I wrote my resignation, does it matter in five years that I stay at home to be my girls mamma?  The answer was yes then, and still after all these years, it is still yes.  But the more important question then was does it matter today that they have a momma at home, it was and is.  I think that if we live our lives with that as the question. Does it matter right now?, in are hearts, maybe we can write on our page of the adventures that truly mattered, so that if we do not get a next page, we did at our best at accomplishing what we really wanted to.  Our accomplishments can be so many things, righting our lives with our families or not, sometimes the right answer is not to be united with your family and that too is something you need to set straight in your life and on your page.  Our accomplishment could be travel, a new job, no job, the possibilities are endless and we could say, it will matter in five years that I do this, but in reality it matters in five minutes if it is the right path for you to take. We are not assure five years and maybe five minutes is all we have so isn't it important to live life like all you have is five minutes, so that the next fifty are a blessing of fulfillment and not a holding pattern for some future time to come.  God didn't want us to spend our lives in a prison of tomorrows dreams, he wants us to live for him every minutes of everyday and in doing so our lives are as full and blessed as he intended them to be.  Tomorrow may never come, and if it doesn't, I want to be able to say I lived a life I am proud of for the God I love and I was all I could be..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....