Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The temple of God is holy, foolishness is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17

King James Version (KJV)
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Recently it has been brought to my attention that a person of less than stellar person and sensibilities has started up a compane to discredit my littlest daughters  I know! What more depraved person could exist than someone who deems it necessary to gossip and defame a 9 and 10 year old.  The quotes I have heard, from concerned parties, has been "keep you kids away from them they are little weirdos"  "They are bad evil kids and will do harm to your kids"  "They stalk me and I am harassed by them, they are weirdo's".  Really does anyone out there that knows my Ladies believe this or are you, like me, as appalled at the audacity of an adult who is so vile that they would spread this kind of garbage and have nothing better to do with there life than to dwell upon the two little girls that got away.  Maybe that is the key they got away. 

I have prayed and the Lord sent me the above verse as some solace.  I would say gossiping about small children, children that are straight a students, harder workers than most children their ages, good God fearing children, children that are surely temples of God, is a defilement.  God will punish and destroy those who defile his temple.  So as with my worries, I will leave it to God to deal with.

I have found my self  more contemplative of the Lord's wisdom and wondrousness lately.  He has brought me so many blessing this year.  He has called my dearest to him.  He fills my daughter with the hungry to seek him as they grow.  He has recently called to my son, in a new way, and I hope my son keeps listening and walking toward him. I know to those of you who believe in the power of God this is marvelous and wondrous but to those who believe not this is foolishness.  Somehow God knew that non believers would find all of the believing in God stuff so.  Our age is the worst at believing that Christians are fools.  Just got to google you can find innumerable examples of some one calling Christians fools and worse.  Sadly the wisest of our societies have made it such.  Those who believe believe by faith and with all their hearts, those who don't scoff and make fun of the idiots who would believe such drivel.  I am not a lazy person, I believe in and love the Lord with all my heart, soul and mind, but if I were a lazy person I would believe just because the alternative is such a horror to contemplate for me.  Death and nothingness.  I am glad I am foolish and believe in the word of the Cross and the Power of God.  I sorrow for the wise men of this and all ages who do not and have not.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 1:21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.

1 Corinthians 4:10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but you are prudent in Christ; we are weak, but you are strong; you are distinguished, but we are without honor.

2 Corinthians 13:4 For indeed He was crucified because of weakness, yet He lives because of the power of God. For we also are weak in Him, yet we will live with Him because of the power of God directed toward you.

I find the more I read the Bible, on a regular bases, the more I want to and the more God reveals to me. Daily reading, the first thing in the moring, puts the Lord first in my life and can yours.  I know that that is the way it is meant to be.  I foolishly, like a sheep, follow my Shepard, he will sustain me, cloth me, feed me, love me and make a home forever for me..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....