Thursday, May 26, 2011

Beloved Local woman missing in our community, Helicopters and search and rescue looking for her.

Yesterday I heard that a lady I know, Kelly, the daughter of one of the lovely ladies that  I volunteer with at the Woman In Timber. The Women In Timber is a volunteer organization that runs a thrift store, and does great charitable events for our little community. I have volunteered with the missing woman several times. She is a fun, lively, loving soul and a loved member of our community. She is vibrant and caring to all the people she meets, I heard that she went to meet her ex-husband at a local campground about seven miles outside of town. She was to meet him in the evening. No one has seen her since, her car was at the campground, it was not locked, her cell phone is missing from the car. She does not answer her cell. Her parents are very distraught, as is her large extended family. Her family last fall endured the long illness and hospitalization of her father so it has been a long hard year for her parents and now is getting longer. My prayers and thoughts are with them all. I hope I can be of assistance to them in anyway but I am sure right now so many of are community are trying to assist them in what has to be a time of shear agony. Things like this are not supposed to happen to us in our lives, we live in a little tiny community where safety is an assumed part of our lives. I hope all ends well and she is found safe, very soon.

The valley was aloud with the helicopter going up and down the river, it flew right over our house several times, that is actually how I found out Kelly was missing. I checked on facebook later to get updates on what was known. Most of my friends were talking about her disappearance. Most of the people in our little valley are related one way or another. When I moved here 31 years ago I wasn't related to anyone but my hubbie, shortly thereafter my parents and sibling moved here. Now due to their and my children's marriages I am related to about half of the county, well maybe not quite, but a good portion anyway. They called off the search and rescue people before dark but the helicopters and boats continued a little later, don't know what is planned for today but I hope they find her well and soon. I hope nothing sinister is her fate but I think I have heard that that might be a thought in peoples minds. I prayer to the Lord that that is not the case and she has just lost her way and waiting to be found.

I had a couple of ladies come by last night to buy a gallon of goat's milk for one's litter of puppies. The one had 12 lab puppies to wean off of their momma. I think they are 4 to 6 weeks old, so should be ready to go soon I think she wants another gallon for next week. One of the ladies had said she was taking her friend to my house to get the milk, and her kids were totally excited and had to come, they had been here on the day the lady had brought her daycare kids to see the goats. All the kids had fun, chased the baby goats, the geese, they were advised that the geese might chase them and bite them, but in the end they all had a lot of fun. Poppie got all the rafters on the greenhouse, it looks so nice, much more like the lovely little building it will be. It still looks like a building from a fairytale and adds such charm to our lives.

It is raining this morning, the rivers are so high right now that the rain will just add to the possibilities of flooding. There is already to much flooding in this country this year.  I wish it would stop that will add so many more complications to the day to come...... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....