Sunday, May 22, 2011

Grandkids sleeping on the floor, limited mp3 playing allowed, bikes on the hill.

Poppie and I got the last little window done, and we screwed metal roofing studs together. They are great building material but are a little thin, the way we are using them, they were designed to be in a grid but we are using them like regular studs so we screwed two together for each one we will use. Shinny gave them to us about a year ago or so, they had been in a pile at his house so a couple of days ago Teenager brought them over. They are a little longer than the plastic we will get so they will allow for some hanging of planters off the front end of the green house. That would put the pots over the front raise bed so that will be good. We were building along when Bug and the kids came along. Bug has been working out of town and his job was a little sporadic over the winter so they struggled a bit, don't we all, but it was hard on him and Daughter so we offered to take the kids for the day and night. He said he would think about it and talk to Daughter. I advised him to take some time alone; talk to each other and listen, the listening was always the part the really helped.

Bug left and the Crazy Goat lady coming to pick up Shamrock, she had named him, she called and advised that she was one her way and would call when she got to town so we could show her how to get here. We worked on the greenhouse a little while longer, had a cup of coffee and she called. Poppie went to town and showed her how to get here. She was not at all what I expected, she was a Crazy Goat lady, but maybe the oddist of the ladies I have meant. I have large goats, mostly Boer or Nubian cross dairy so all large, she assured me hers were much larger. She was tall, about Mokie's height of 5' 10", she showed me how tall her goats were, I am thinking at the height she showed me maybe they are part horse. It is funny how when you don't have something right there to compare your sense of reality can go out the window. She put her hand out at almost shoulder high, truly horses are that tall, and that's not ponies. She seemed to really like him, her van looked like she drove goats around regularly and advised me that her goat that usually rode with her didn't feel like coming today. All in all an enlightening meeting, she paid for the buckling and off they went, she was as happy as a clam to have him. I am thinking I can buy some hay with the money.

The girls came home, Grandpa dropped them off on his way home from the Farmers Market, Yogie was excited that her eggs sold out right away, She made good money. She and Booboo both got a tip from a client of Grandpas. Grandpa paid for them and Only to have a ride in the Gondola (actually a rickshaw) they loved that ride, and thanked Grandpa for it. Matt had bought them each a soda, I asked why they chose Pop for a drink and Booboo said "Mom its not Pop, Mat said it was soda" I said, "honey, Soda is pop." She said, "Oh, I didn't know, it is orange." I said, "that's ok for a once in a while treat, but just remember soda is pop."

Bug called and asked to bring the kids up, they were welcome. Eldest brought his mp3 player and sat down to play it the minute he arrived. I said, "no way, you and the others go out and play." We have bikes of all sizes so there was plenty for all. The grand kids live on a busy street in town so don't get to ride really at home. I told them they could ride on the lane, the three older ones went to the top of the hill. Yogie came down full bore, always scares Poppie, Eldest came down, for his first time which scared Poppie more and he told Eldest to use the brake and slow down. Eldest finally got more control after a couple of trips down the hill, and I told Poppie not to look just trust that he is a little boy and will get it, or he will have to learn from the falls. M tried to go up the hill and Poppie said, "no you have to learn to ride the bike better" Poppie got his way on this one, she can't go up the hill yet. Son is going to raise Boys training wheels so they don't really touch to let Boy learn to ride better.

We came in then had dinner, and I let them play the Kinnect's, electronics's in moderation is my rule. Playing outside is always the most important, but the indoor games do have a place. Cubbie got into my bath once I was done, Buga came along and crawled in as well. They were having a blast, nearly high diving off of my garden tub, which I told them not to do, and no big splashes.  They don't get to play together enough and it is good for both of them to learn to play together. They did well. Boy came over to spend the night on the front room floor with all of the others, he made it until they all settled down to lay in the blankets. Yogie had to walk him home, he atleast tried, next time he will last longer. It got quiet after a short while, the first peaceful moment of the day.

 I know that we get more time with our grand kids than alot of grandparents, even though I complain about their antics I never forget that they are all gifts from God. We get to have time with them that others would love to have; because we do we get more input into their lives and the shaping of those lives, we never take that lightly and are happy that our kids allow us that closeness. I believe that a child shows you more love and respect if you are part of their discipline, but to earn that right you have to love them and share a closeness with them, The rule of thumb is what happens at Nannies and Poppies stays at Nannies and Poppies, good or bad a truly good thing....... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....