Friday, May 13, 2011

Green house windows almost done, and hatching eggs arrived.

Blogger was offline from yesterday afternoon until now, I think I had withdrawals, but I can now write my daily blog, I guess that isn't a bad addiction as far as addictions go. We spent a good deal of the day getting all of the big windows in, the last one is left but will finish that this morning and the green house will have its main structural elements. We will be getting the rafters on and adding the little fill in windows, I can't wait to see what we produce. It will allow for us to to have a longer and more abundant season, I hope. Here in western Montana we can have a limited growing season so this will give us many more options.

Poppie set up the incubator and tested it for Booboo, it is working well so we ordered eggs which arrived this morning. Poppie was so funny he handled them with such care when he put them in the incubator, he can't wait for Booboo to come home from school so they can mark the calendar and await the arrival of their keets. I am ordering peafowl eggs and turkey eggs too.  Yogies is doing well with her accounting on her eggs and has gotten a couple new clients, she is doing simple accounting but it is a learning tool. They now both have a project that builds their skills in farm management, all be it on a tiny scale.

My pop up canopy arrived it will provide shaded cover for the upcoming flea market we will be going to, it is 10x10 so should provide a nice little selling area too. Poppie is going to set it up later today and see how it goes. We also got a new carpet cleaner, the carpets are the hardest thing for me to keep up with. I by my artistic nature am a cluttery house keep, projects here and there, but the carpets and floor are my main problem. I have so many kids and animals coming and going I get behind, hopefully the new carpet/floor cleaner will help me stay afloat.

I think one of my favorite wall plaque,s my mom had on the wall when I was a child, influenced my house cleaning philosophy, it said, "my house is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy." I think our lives as children got harder when my mom lost the plaque and became obsessive about her house, she gets more so every year. I can be an obsessive person myself so always tried to remember that the house will still be there to clean tomorrow, my kids only have one childhood and it is more important for me to spend quality time with them than worrying about if the house is perfect, after all one of our quality times together is cooking and cleaning, but not to perfection, which seems to be a never ending pursuit for some people. My house is clean enough to be healthy and definitely dirty enough for us to be a happy family.... tomorrow.

1 comment:

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....