Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Booboo is running a fever, so to the clinic we will go. Raining outside.

Booboo was one of my sickies on Sunday, she stayed home yesterday and continued to get sicker. Her tummy is very sore and she started running a fever last evening. I will call the clinic this morning and get her in to the doctor. She is drinking water, which seems to soother her some, she is eating a little, and really doesn't have a problem keeping what she does eat down. I am worried as the way she describes her tummy pain it isn't like cramps but a continuous soreness. It is not located in her left side so isn't presenting like her appendicitis.  I truly don't like when my little ones are really sick, her fever is worse this morning. I will call as soon as they open.

Poppie is mad at me, he wanted to cut the grass last night, but I wanted him to leave it for the goats to eat. It is now raining pretty good and he won't be able to cut it, and he says he is not herding goats in the rain. So the grass will not get cut, no one will eat it and the rain will make it grown. He has his rafters sitting on the front edge of the green house all ready to go up. The green house looks like a real building now, it sort of has a fairy tale appearance, like the little man that lived in a glass house or a building that the old woman that lived in a shoe would enjoy. I don't mind being compared to the old woman in the house. I think it is charming. It is actually quite large, as small green houses go. It will have lots of over head area for hanging plants. Poppie is going to put pex pipe in the rafters so that he will be able to mist it from above. I can't wait to see it up and running. We have to haul dirt into the planting beds. Poppie has a topsoil pile in the back of the goat area and composting manure for some of it. We may get some dirt from Shinny. It will be such a blessing to have it done. Poppie will have to start a new project soon and I think he will miss this one.

 Poppie is a workaholic and needs to have something to do. He has several friends that are on pain management, like he is, and they seem to increase their meds and nap alot. Poppie is adamant that  he is not increasing meds and he is never going to waste his day napping. He really does manage the meds  he has and has actually decreased his usage when it seems the goal of his friend are to increase theirs. I am proud of his minimal approach to his meds. He once tried to go with out his morphine and was sure that he could wean down, he had such pain and learned that he does in deed need his base meds, and now knows they are not a game but his way to have quality of life, even if their being in his life does bother him. He no longer has to take depression meds, and is to a minimal amount of meds, so his life is in a good place. He credits our two little daughters with giving him the will to get threw the worst of his depression, God does know what we need in this life and I am thankful for his gifts daily.  The two little girls were truly a timely gift from God in our lives.

I have some items to get ready for the flea market this weekend. We have a graduation to attend this weekend for our lovely niece. She is a dear and we are so happy to share in her special day. Poppie and Mokie will for sure get to attend I may not get to go, as I am supposed to be at the flea market, I may get to sneak away for a little while to go though, we'll see. I am off to check on my little "duckling" to see if the Tylenol I gave her is working at all..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....