Monday, May 2, 2011

Pink Posey comes to our little farm, Osama Bin Laden is no more, life is good.

We went out to do our Sunday chores after our morning indoor routines were done. I went into the doe pen and Jewels was standing where looking for food with the other girls. I looked at her and she seemed a little thinner so I assumed she was getting closer to her time, she was due on the 4th. She was loudly asking for food, Poppie was bring it around from the barn. I looked over and behind the old grey wood stove, that sets in the pen next to the barn, I saw a little white butt. Since most of the Boer babies have little white butt I wasn't really phased. I then noticed that the little one had a smear of blood on it's leg and I stepped forward to check the baby. I noticed it was a little girl then it dawned on me that the baby was to small to be one of the older ones, I yelled, "Jewels had her baby" I was so excited she had done it all alone and was up and about, the baby had come during the night. Jewels did great. I called the kids over to see. She is adorable, very Boer but with her mommas and grandmas colors on her face with a few little round spots on her side.

I had already made the decision that I was going to sell Jewels before the baby was born so I was going to correct the naming mistake I had made, or that I had made before I started my naming routine. I had seen on the Beakman show that Farmer Jon names his goat the same name as the mother to keep genealogies straight.  I liked his thoughts on it so adopted the idea. I want to get back to that way of naming in the new baby so since Jewels will be gone I decided to make sure the new babies name began with a P.  Yogie got to name the baby. I gave her some choices but she didn't like them so wanted to name the baby, Pony. I didn't think Pony would work so said maybe it could be Ponytail. She liked that. When Mokie didn't and gave her a hard time, Yogie and Mokie, though 19 years apart tend to fight like any two sisters. It does help that girls to have a close relationship by the fact that Mokie lives next door. I digress. Yogie then decided that she thought Polly Parrot would be good. I was not sure but didn't say anything. This morning after thinking on it during the night, I ask Yogie if she might like, Purple Polly, Purple Posey, Polly Purple or Posey Purple better. She said no but she did think Pink Posey would be good. So we officially put her name in the goat book so that is her final name.

I always watch tv on one of the news channels, when I wake up during the night, it sometime helps to put me to sleep but if it doesn't I get to get updated on the outside world. I turned it on about 4ish this morning and the head lines was that Osama Bin Laden was dead. Praise the Lord for closure for so many people. I also pray that there will be no repercussions that we can't imagine or are horrible. I hope that with their leader gone that the factions fight amongst themselves and are in the end not as strong. Tomorrow brings a new day in our history as a world lets pray for understanding of other cultures..... tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....